Get All Features

Going Premium

Agenda comes out of the box with a great set of features, completely free. There are no time or trial limits. You can use it forever, at no cost.

Agenda does offer extra premium features that require an In App Purchase, and that make the app even more powerful. If you decide to purchase the upgrade, you permanently unlock all current premium features across all of your devices. Each of them is described in detail below.

Additionally, any new premium features we add while you are subscribed is also permanently unlocked, even if you decided to cancel your subscription. What is yours stays yours!

You can start a free 7 day trial after which a yearly subscription starts, or you can choose the lifetime premium option using a one-off purchase that includes all premium features, now and in the future.

The Premium Features Overview before (left) and after (right) purchasing the premium features through an In-App Purchase. This window shows information about all the premium features and can be found under the Help menu on Mac or at the top of the sidebar on iOS.

Check out this video in which Alex talks you through how it works exactly.

The premium features will always include all your Apple devices. Once bought, simply log in to the same Agenda account in the Agenda preference on each of your devices to unlock the premium features.

Support a small indie app maker team

As indie developers we fully rely on your support in order to be able to continue to develop Agenda and make a living*. Vice versa, we would like to reward you by giving you the new features we are able to develop thanks to the trust you put in us.

Thank you for your support!
Alex & Drew

*) Read more about the why we picked this model and how it works in this blog post.

Interested in Site and Group Licenses? We have a number of options available for licensing of premium features for larger groups, for instance within educational institutions or companies. Contact us for pricing details and more information…

Premium Features Overview

Hide private notes and projects - NEW

While some notes are meant to be shared, others might be strictly private and should not be seen by anyone else. Hide the content of notes and projects that are sensitive, and require authentication to see what is inside. You can even lock the entire app if you want! Authentication can be via a password that you set, or via Touch ID, Face ID, or your Watch.

Content that you unlock to view remains unlocked as long as you are working with it, and will lock again when you stop, like when you go to the screensaver, or to a different app for more than a few minutes. And, of course, you can lock things immediately if you choose.

private_content@2x

Want to see the private notes and projects in action? Check out our YouTube video on everything new in Agenda 18

Multiple Windows

Agenda is a so-called shoebox app, a single window where all your notes live and that gives you everything important in a glance. Sometimes it can be super useful to open a note or project in a separate window however, for instance when you are on a video call or want to compare two notes.

Want to see the multiple windows feature in action? Check out our YouTube video on everything new in Agenda 17

Collaborate with Others

Agenda is perfect for your personal notes, but some notes are just meant to be shared. From team brain storms to preparing for a family trip, you can now share notes with other Agenda users. To invite someone to your note you will need this premium feature, those you invite however do not need to purchase the premium features, they can partake using a free download of Agenda on any Mac, iPhone or iPad.

Want to see collaboration in action? Check out our YouTube video on everything new in Agenda 16

Custom Colors

Do you love the highlighting feature in Agenda but do you want to pick from more colors or your own custom color? That’s possible using this premium feature. It also allows you to pick a custom color for your project categories and background of your notes.

Want to see custom colors in action? Check out our YouTube video on everything new in Agenda 15

Powerful Tags

Tags are a great way to organise your notes, allowing you to highlight importance, classify task, etc. With this premium feature you can take this even one step further by allowing you to color code your tags. For example, label highly important items with a red #priority tag, and less important ones with a gray #later tag.

Want to see coloured tags in action? Check out our YouTube video on everything new in Agenda 14

Recent Projects

If you are like us and use Agenda for all your note taking, you can easily end up with many different projects. Of course archiving old projects is one way to declutter your sidebar, but even so, while most of the time we work on only a handful of active projects, you might still want to keep the others nearby as a quick reference. With the recent projects premium feature you can quickly toggle between showing all your projects or only those that you have been actively working on. You can even select whether you’d like to see recently visited projects, or say only those edited today or in the past week.

Want to see it in action? Check out our YouTube video on Agenda 14

Annotate and Drawing Extras (iOS and iPadOS only)

Add a drawing, handwritten notes, or highlights to the images in your notes.

Long-tap the image in your note and select Annotate in the popover menu. Afterwards you can further change or add annotations by choosing Edit from the same menu. Note that this does only work with images, not yet with PDFs, something we hope to make possible in a future update as well.

And starting in Agenda 14, you can also display lines and grids if you like to make hand drawn notes.

Save Searches

Save the searches you make regularly, and have them available in the sidebar.

In order to create a smart overview from a search, start by clicking/tapping the loupe icon, then do enter a search query and/or filter on date or On the Agenda. Next expand the search to All projects if you aren’t already:

At this point you can save the search by either clicking/tapping the option in the sidebar or below the project title:

Change Note Look and Feel

Change the look and feel of your notes in the new preferences screen. You can choose between the standard tag, people, and attachment tokens that stand out, or a more subdued variant. Likewise, you can choose to have lists be shown with bullets instead of the default dashes. Finally, you can change the way checked off list items look like to either accentuate them by striking them through, or de-emphasizing them by showing them greyed out.

And in Agenda 15 you can now also pick the font you’d like to use for your notes. Don’t like the default and prefer system font instead? Or a monospaced font like Courier or Menlo? Pick the one you like most.

Want to see what your notes would look like using a different fonts? Check out our YouTube video on everything new in Agenda 15

Save Notes as Templates

Save an existing notes as a template and use it to create new notes from this template by click-and-hold (macOS) or a long press (iOS+iPadOS) on the plus button. Great for those notes that have a standard format, like meeting minutes and forms.

You can manage your templates by choosing Window > Template Manager from the main menu on macOS, or long-pressing the plus button on iOS+iPadOS and selecting Manage Templates. The template manager also allows you to create a template from scratch.

In Agenda 15 you can now also making the background color or pinning a feature of the template note.

Copy and Export as Markdown or HTML

Copy or export notes in markdown, TextBundle or HTML format, making it simple to paste into websites and other apps.

On Mac you find the options to copy under the Edit > Copy As menu, and export under File > Export. On iOS you find the same option when tapping the cog wheel in the lower right corner of a selected note.

Open Quickly

What if you could jump to any note in Agenda just by typing a few letters? That’s exactly what you get with the new Open Quickly feature. This premium feature brings up a floating search field when you hit ⌥–space. As you type, Agenda shows you matching notes and projects. Select one, and you are taken straight to where you want to be.

open_quickly@2x

Want to see it in action? Check out our YouTube video

Change Table Column Alignment

Left, center, or right? Choose what works best for the text in each column of your tables and align it accordingly. Adding a column with numbers? You very likely want to right-align them to look better. Simply select the column and click or tap the three dots, you then have the option to change the column alignment.

Archive Projects

Keep the projects side bar clean and archive projects that are no longer relevant or have concluded.

On macOS, select one or more projects in the Sidebar and choose File > Archive Project, or select this option by right/control-clicking a project. On iOS and iPadOS tap the three orange dots next to a selected project and choose Archive Project from the popover menu that will show. You can also Long-tap and release a project to trigger the same menu.

Create Subcategories

Easily stay on top of many projects by organizing them in subcategories.

The easiest way to create a subcategory is to simply drag an existing category on top of another category. You can also click or tap the three dots orange dots next to a category’s title to bring up a menu that allows you to create a new subcategory as well. Finally, on macOS you can both control/right-click a category to do this, or you can select multiple projects and choose File > New Subcategory From Selection .

Black Theme (iOS and iPadOS only)

A dark theme specifically designed for iOS devices with an OLED screen, saving battery life and blending in better with the blackness of the screen.

You find the setting in the Agenda preferences (accessible through the icon at the bottom of the right sidebar):

prefs_ios%20zoom

Quick Reminders

Create a quick reminder and add it to the Reminders app without the need to create a note.

On Mac you can create a new quick reminder (and calendar event) by clicking the day header in the calendar in the related panel:

:

While on iOS and iPadOS you find the menu option to create a new quick reminder under plus button in the top right corner of the related panel (which can be dragged to become visible from the right edge off the screen):

screenshot-reminders-ipad

Custom Line Spacing

Do you prefer a compact or spacious layout? Set the line spacing of your notes to how you like it most.

On Mac you can change the line spacing using the similarly named menu item under the View menu:

While on iOS and iPadOS you find the settings in the Agenda preferences (accessible through the icon at the bottom of the right sidebar):

Full Width Attachments

Choose between thumbnail and full width presentation of images.

ios_features_full_width_attachments%401x

On Mac you can access the attachment display options by right- or control-clicking an attachment:

While on iOS and iPadOS you tap and can get the same popover by tap-and-holding the attachment, then releasing it.

Auto Dark Mode (iOS 12 only)

Automatically switch between light and dark based on screen brightness.

ios_features_auto_darkmode%401x

You find the setting in the Agenda preferences (accessible through the icon at the bottom of the right sidebar):

Custom Accent Color (iOS and iPadOS only)

Pick your favorite accent color for the Agenda UI.

ios_features_accent_color%401x

Choose Calendars and Reminder Lists

Select which of your calendars and reminder lists appear in Agenda, excluding the ones you don’t need.

calendarselect@2x

You find the setting in the Agenda preferences (accessible through the icon at the bottom of the right sidebar on iOS and iPadOS, and from the Agenda menu on Mac):

Pin Notes and Make Footnotes

Keep important info at the top or bottom by pinning notes, or turning them into footnotes.

pinned@2x.

On macOS you can pin a note using the Note > Pin to Top menu option (or through the same option in the cog wheel menu):

On iOS and iPadOS you can pin a note by tapping the orange dot before the title of a note:

On both platforms you can also pin a note by dragging the note to the top of the project. Similarly you can turn a note into a footnote using the Make Footnote command in the same menus, or by dragging a note to the bottom of the project.

Create and Edit Calendar Events and Reminders

Create and edit calendar events and reminders from within Agenda. Events appear in the Calendar app, and reminders in the Reminders app, from where they are synced to all devices. Note that showing and linking to calendar events and reminders doesn’t require a premium feature.

calendar%402x

You can create an event (or edit an existing event) by clicking/tapping the plus button in the top right corner of the calendar date selection popover (shown when clicking the calendar icon next to the note title):

Alternatively you can click a day in the calendar in the related panel as well:

:

Or tap the plus button in the top right corner of the related panel on iOS:

screenshot-reminders-ipad

Hide Watermark for Printing and PDFs - BONUS

Remove the Agenda watermark from print outs and exported PDFs.

Why this Model?

Curious about the details and rationale of our Premium Features model? You can read more about why we decided to go with this sales model, and how it was implemented by reading these blog posts by Drew:

https://medium.com/@drewmccormack/a-cash-cow-is-on-the-agenda-138a11995595

https://medium.com/@drewmccormack/cash-cow-revisited-4c2185e2b3d8

Also check out how we decided in Agenda 17 to simply the original model as described in the above blogpost, as Alex explains in the below video:

29 Likes

I upgraded, but there’s still a get Agenda footer link in my PDF’s - can I get rid of that somehow?

I’ll happily promote Agenda to everyone, but would like an anonymous PDF export if I can please.

8 Likes

I upgraded, but there’s still a get Agenda footer link in my PDF’s - can I get rid of that somehow?

Yes, this is possible, if you show the details in the print panel you can check the button to hide the agenda link in the footer. And of course, thank you so much for supporting us!

8 Likes

So, to clarify, “permanently” definitely means that after the 12 month period features I got by paying the premium — like “Copy and Export Markdown” — will still be mine to use regardless of whether I pay the premium in the future?

2 Likes

So, to clarify, “permanently” definitely means that after the 12 month period features I got by paying the premium — like “Copy and Export Markdown” — will still be mine to use regardless of whether I pay the premium in the future?

Exactly! The objective with our model was that it was more like a magazine subscription, in the sense that when you stop paying, you keep what you already paid for.

50 Likes

Fantastic app, I immediately purchased the premium version. Btw. I also really like your approach on premium. Looking forward to the iOS app and some of the features you already mentioned like images, attachments, maybe integration with apps like OmniFocus etc.

But I already love it, now I always look forward for new meeting where I can use Agenda :slight_smile:

16 Likes

I just upgraded…that was the happiest celebration music I have ever heard when buying an app…very fun!:tada::balloon::sparkles:

6 Likes

Glad you liked it!

2 Likes

I’m about to purchase premium, but I have a question first: I understand that I will get all premium features that are going to be released in the next 12 months. But after that, if new features are included, I will have to pay for each extra feature or do I get premium features for 12 months again?

I’m about to purchase premium, but I have a question first: I understand that I will get all premium features that are going to be released in the next 12 months. But after that, if new features are included, I will have to pay for each extra feature or do I get premium features for 12 months again?

After 12 months the situation will repeat itself, i.e. you purchase the new premium features once you think they are attractive enough, and doing so will unlock those plus all new premium features in the following 12 months.

11 Likes

Perfect, great way to keep users and developers motivated. Keep the good work

18 Likes

I really appreciate your business model which I think is RESPECTFUL! on so many levels!

More over the license inclusive to iOS.

For those reasons I’m going premium now even though I don’t think I’ll be needing the premium features, I just appreciate the respect and I think you deserve the support!

28 Likes

Thanks for your support!

3 Likes

Really much better than other “subscription models” !!! I think that I know one of the guys from Papers App :grinning:

3 Likes

I’m looking at Agenda and really like what I see. This is such a powerful program and seems to answer several needs that I have. Your reply to diegonavarro leaves me confused about the premium features. This response seems to say that after 12 months, it will be necessary to repurchase the premium features. In your response to konetidy, you used a magazine simile to describe buying premium features. I know what you are doing makes sense. What am I missing?

Any features you buy are yours to keep forever, no need to repurchase after 12 months. Any new features we ship after your year ends you will have to buy if you’d like to have them.

It’s indeed like a magazine subscription. Stop your subscription and the pile of National Geographic magazines at your home are yours to keep, they don’t ask to send them back. However they won’t send and new ones to your home anymore either.

11 Likes

Hello, i need help purchaing the premium package…every time i click the purchase option the “purchasing” box has a spinning wheel and i just spins without making any progress… do you know of any way to fix this?

It seems the Mac App Store is quite slow the last few days. Sometimes you just have to wait. You could check that there is no login dialog appearing under a window or something like that. You need to sign in to the Mac App Store and it shows the dialog to sign in sometimes.

If it really doesn’t want to work, you can download directly from agenda.com, and purchase in the app using Paddle instead of the Mac App Store.

A post was split to a new topic: Problem purchasing premium features

I like it! :slight_smile: