We collect information from you when you create an Agenda account on our Website or from within the App, purchase Agenda’s premium features, and gather data when you participate in the community forum by reading, writing, and evaluating the content shared here or when you add more personal information to your profile yourself.
We will only collect, keep, use and share Personal Data for legitimate business purposes and to fulfil our legal obligations.
When registering for an account or when using the forum, you may be asked to enter your name and e-mail address. You may, however, visit our Website without registering. Your e-mail address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, we know that you control the e-mail address. When you participate in the forum (create a post, reply, like a post from somebody else) we collect any personal information you might include in your content.
When registered and posting, we record the IP address that the post originated from. We also may retain server logs which include the IP address of requests to our server. We do not process or use these logs for any other purposes than proper operation of the server.
We also collect information from you when you decide to buy the premium features we offer. The payment provider (Apple or Paddle, depending on which version of Agenda you use) will ask you for the necessary information to complete your purchase. We will at most receive your email address to identify your successful purchase along with the number of months of updates you bought. We do not have access to the details of your payment. In order to unlock the premium features we may also collect a so-called device ID that helps us identify your computer or mobile device. This identifier does not contain any personal information about you and is only used to uniquely identify your device.
When you email us, for example with a support request, or when you send us your feedback, we also receive your personal information.
Finally, we may also collect information about you when another Agenda user sends you a recommendation to use Agenda like your email address. We solely use this information to be able to give you the extra months of updates when you decide to purchase the premium features.
Important: We do not collect nor do we have access to the information you enter into Agenda, this is only stored on your computer, or if you sync via iCloud, in your own iCloud account (which we cannot access). It means we cannot provide you with a backup copy of your Agenda data either, always make regular backups (for instance by using Time Machine).
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To grant you access to premium features and community forum areas — your information allows us to know it’s you.
- To personalize your experience — your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve Agenda and/or our community forums — we continually strive to improve our products based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service — your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails — The email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications that you request about changes to forum topics or in response to your user name, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. We also keep you up-to-date on Agenda developments and third-party solutions (only) if we feel these would help in your experience with Agenda, and only when you opt-in to these at the time of creating your account. From any of these communications you can always unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive them. All our emails contain an unsubscribe link in the footer, or you can also email us if you wish to no longer receive them.
For as long as we maintain records of your personal information, we will keep it up to date and protect it with appropriate safety measures. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. These measures include device encryption, firewalls and virus checking procedures.
Where we keep Personal Data files on local devices these devices are protected and accessible only to authorised employees. We currently work with the following data processors as part of this process:
- Apple iCloud, Google Mail and Google Drive, Dropbox to store files you send us (bug reports, example data, etc) and reports (sales, logs, etc).
- Slack and Skype for our internal communication.
- Github for keeping track of development and issues that can contain your feedback and data you send us (bug reports, crash logs, feature requests, etc).
We will maintain records of your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide our services to you, as long as any of these apply:
- you are a registered subscriber to our mailing list or Website (including the Agenda.community).
- have completed a purchase of the Agenda premium features.
- have emailed us for a support request, your feedback that is still relevant to further improving our product.
We will make a good faith effort to:
- Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server no more than 90 days.
- Retain the IP addresses associated with registered users and their posts no more than 5 years.
- Retain data you send us in order to request support or help us improve our products, like report issues or logs, feature requests, etc, no more than 5 years.
Under GDPR, you have the right to access and amend any of the personal data we hold, including deletion and to object to continued data processing. We may ask for appropriate identification to fulfil your request, and an administrative charge may apply for copies of your data where applicable by law.
Note that in order to ensure the integrity of community discussions and structure, upon deletion of your account previous posts you wrote can remain present in an anonimized form. Your name and other personal identifiable information will be removed but the anonimized copy of your posts remain as allowed by the User Content License as described in our Terms of Service.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). These cookies enable the Website to recognize your browser and, if you have a registered account, associate it with your registered account.
You may refuse these cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser or by downloading and installing a browser plug-in.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
In order to deliver our services or as part of purchasing the Agenda premium features your details may need to be shared with one or more of the following data processors:
- Apple to process purchases through the iTunes App Store.
- Paddle to process purchases through our website.
- Amazon Web Services to host the agenda.com website and Agenda app downloads.
- Heroku to host Agenda license server that registers whether you have purchased any premium features.
- Discoursehosting to host our community forums.
- Migadu to receive the email you sent us.
- Mailchimp to send you our emails.
- Google Analytics to analyse Website traffic.
- Microsoft AppCenter to receive crash reports and analyse App usage.
- Pusher to send you push notifications that result in more responsive syncing of your Agenda data between your devices.
We may release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Website policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable user/visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our Website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites, should you choose to make use of them. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Website and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Our Website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If you are under the age of 13, per the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), do not use this Website.
This document is CC-BY-SA. It was last updated April 8, 2022.