Stay in Sync

Agenda supports sync between devices using iCloud or Dropbox, below you’ll find the instructions for each.

Sync using iCloud

In order to sync with iCloud, it is important to sign in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on each device, in the Settings or System Preferences, and also make sure that iCloud Drive is turned on for each device.

Enabling iCloud Sync

Sync in Agenda should be enabled by default. If it has been disabled, simply go to the Agenda Settings in the app and choose the option iCloud from the Sync notes between devices popup.

Enabling iCloud Sync with End-to-End (E2E) Encryption

Apple have introduced Advanced Data Protection (ADC) for sharing fully-encrypted data between your devices. With ADC turned on, eligible data will be encrypted on your devices before being uploaded to the cloud. Importantly, the keys needed to decrypt the data will not be stored on Apple’s servers, but instead on your own devices. This means that nobody — not even Apple — can access the data in the cloud. (This approach is known as end-to-end encryption.)

Agenda supports ADC, but not by default. If you want use ADC with Agenda, you will need to turn it on for all your devices using Apple’s instructions. After you have activated ADC, go into the Agenda Settings and switch your sync to iCloud (E2E Encryption).

To make the switch, begin by turning off your existing sync. Agenda will ask if you want to remove the data in the cloud. You probably should do this, otherwise that old data will still be accessible in the cloud and not encrypted.

Once you have removed the cloud data, switch to iCloud (E2E Encrypted). Your data will have to upload, so you may need to give Agenda time to do this. Wait until the clouds stop moving over the islands icon. Temporarily turning off autolock or sleep may help Agenda to finish in one go.

After one device is finished, switch the sync to iCloud (E2E Encrypted) on other devices too. (You can choose to remove the old cloud data there too — it should not make any difference.)

Now, with all devices using ADC, your Agenda data should be encrypted in iCloud, with the decryption keys fully secure on your devices.

Disabling iCloud Sync

To disable iCloud sync, go to the Settings in Agenda, and choose the option off from the Sync notes between devices popup. You will be asked if you want to remove the data from iCloud. If you don’t have any other devices you want to keep syncing, you can remove the cloud data. If you want some other devices to keep syncing via iCloud, don’t remove the data.

Clearing Data from iCloud

To clear data from iCloud, simply disable the sync in the Agenda Settings, and you will be asked if you want to remove the data from the cloud.

If you want to permanently remove the data, make sure other devices also have the sync turned off, so they don’t re-upload the data.

Sync using Dropbox

In order to sync with Dropbox, it is important to have the Dropbox app installed, and use the same Dropbox account on each device. On iOS and iPadOS you will need to install the Dropbox app from the App Store.

Enabling Dropbox Sync

To enable Dropbox sync simply go to the Agenda Settings in the app and choose the option Dropbox from the Sync notes between devices popup. If you are currently syncing via iCloud you will be asked if you want to switch to Dropbox sync instead.

After you select the Dropbox option you will be asked to give Agenda permissions to access your Dropbox folder. This happens by opening a page in your default web browser. After logging in to Dropbox and granting the necessary permissions, you will be switched back to Agenda to finish the process.

Disabling Dropbox Sync

To disable Dropbox sync, go to the Settings in Agenda, and choose the option off from the Sync notes between devices popup. You will be asked if you want to remove the data from Dropbox. If you don’t have any other devices you want to keep syncing, you can remove the cloud data. If you want some other devices to keep syncing via Dropbox, don’t remove the data.

Clearing Data from Dropbox

To clear data from Dropbox, simply disable the sync in the Agenda Settings, and you will be asked if you want to remove the data from the cloud.

If you want to permanently remove the data, make sure other devices also have the sync turned off.

Troubleshooting Sync Issues

If sync is not working between two devices make sure you verify the following items:

1. Make sure you are signed into iCloud or Dropbox with the same account on each device.

2. If you use iCloud, make sure that iCloud Drive is turned on. This is very important, and many people forget this. Note that it’s not the same as just being logged into iCloud, it’s a separate setting in the iCloud preferences/settings.

3. Make sure your iCloud drive has enough free storage space.

4. If you use Dropbox, on iOS and iPadOS make sure you have the Dropbox app installed.

5. If the above is all set correctly and you still don’t see your notes being synced, here are some other things to check: Syncing between desktop and iOS

Lastly, some companies block iCloud, so you might need to check if that is the reason sync is not working for you.

![Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 11.44.35|690x360](upload://AtUihSudxR4JXqZf0b5Qvlr2yod.png)
7 Likes

Agenda for iOS

Download Agenda for iOS app for free from the iOS App Store and sync your notes across all your devices, Mac, iPhone and iPad alike. All you need to do is to make sure you’re logged in to the same iCloud account on all your devices.

Like Agenda for macOS, the iOS app has no time limits. You can use it forever at no cost. Just as on the Mac, there are some premium features, which can be unlocked using an In-App Purchase.

When you purchase a premium features pack, you unlock all current features, and any features we add in the 12 months following. Features get permanently unlocked, so those features are yours forever.

21 Likes

Good to hear! That’s definitely a high priority for most of those interested in an app like this, because we’re all using iOS devices alongside our Macs. But it’s a great start!

6 Likes

That is awesome! That was the first thing I was searching for on the community postings to find out if there was an app forthcoming, or already available, for Agenda. I am looking forward to beta testing on this platform as well due to the amount of trade off I personally do between my various Macs and iPads.

Question, is the plan that you would need to purchase a premium version of the iOS product as well?

Thanks,
Sandra

1 Like

No need, the plan is to do the same as the Mac app, also the iOS app will be free, and can be used forever without limits. A single purchase will unlock all premium features of both the Mac and iOS app and give you 12 months of any new premium features we develop for either app.

10 Likes

+1 for me too.

Is there a product roadmap we can see? I’m curious to see when I can expect to start using my iPhone alongside the desktop app.

1 Like

We don’t have an official roadmap published yet, the plan is to gather your feedback over the next two weeks and then prioritise things based on that.

Ps. thanks for buying the premium features, we very much appreciate your support!

Happy to support the product in its early stages – cool concept.

Looking forward to future iterations of Agenda.

1 Like

Anything we need to do to enable syncing between Macs if we have iCloud drive turned on?

HI,

I recently purchased the premium offer. I have purchased Studies app before, so I trust you guys with this new app. And, this is one of the app I have been long searching for. It would really better if there’s an iOS app. I hope that we could get it earlier. Thanks!! More power to all of you.

1 Like

In principle no, just ensure the checkbox to sync via iCloud is checked in the Preferences.

Thanks @kaaeronpaul, the iOS app development has begun, and has our highest priority. Planned for first half of 2018.

Drew

1 Like

You’re welcome. And excited for more features with the app. I am now, bit by bit migrating from bear apps. Cause Agenda meets best the criteria I have been long searching for. Thanks again.

1 Like

Does the app sync across multiple Mac OS devices?

It does indeed if you enable iCloud sync in the preferences.

I have iCloud enabled but the app is not syncing across devices.

1 Like

Are you logged in with the same iCloud account on both Macs?

Do you have to be logged on in Agenda with your iCloud uid?

If you want to sync, you have to be logging into iCloud in System Preferences, with the same iCloud account on each Mac. (You do not need to use that iCloud email for Agenda login. That is a different system.)

Drew

Looking forward to the iOS version. Thanks for a great app.

1 Like