Get All Features

A post was split to a new topic: Premium features not showing?

Hi,
I LOVE your subscription model. Absolutely genius and respectful of all parties involved.
I did have a question thoughā€”Iā€™d like to try some of the premium features, but preferably just pay for the $14.99 iOS version for now. What would I do if I needed/wanted to go ahead and upgrade to both macOS and iOS? Would it be the full $34.99?
Thank you for your hardworking and I apologize for any inconvenience caused by my silly question!

5 Likes

Glad you like it! We have no automatic upgrade mechanism but are happy to send you a discount coupon that would subtract the iOS only amount from the macOS+iOS option. Just let us know when youā€™re ready by sending an email to support@agenda.com

10 Likes

Wow, thank you so much! That would be amazing!! I canā€™t wait to try this out then, just purchased the iOS subscription. :blush:

I only have one more question, hopefully thatā€™s not annoyingā€”It just occurred to meā€¦
If I bought my iOS subscription today, that means that 12 months from today is when Iā€™ll stop getting new updates, right?
What if I donā€™t upgrade to the macOS subscription until 2 months from now? Would it still be tied to the same time period as the iOS subscription, or would it be its own new 12-month period?
Either way is fine with me, itā€™s no big deal; but I was curious!
Thanks again for your support!!

Given that the macOS option includes iOS as well you would have 12 months from the day you do the purchase on both platforms.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Upgrade not recognised

4 posts were split to a new topic: Prices in Dollars

Iā€™ve also got two more questions:

• I saw that the iOS-Beta in Testflight makes a version jump to 2.0. If I recall your versioning scheme correctly, this should mean more premium features, right? However, I didnā€™t see anything newā€¦
  • If I want to make a purchase, I would like to make sure that as much of the money as possible actually reaches you. I know that the AppStore split of 30% is quite high, so am I correct if I assume that the rate of your website is better?
2 Likes

Very sharp and you are right, we should have versioned it as 1.4, weā€™ll pay more attention next time, not sure if we can still revert it now. I guess @drewmccormack got excited as we made some pretty big under the hood changes that for example make search a lot faster.

• If I want to make a purchase, I would like to make sure that as much of the money as possible actually reaches you. I know that the AppStore split of 30% is quite high, so am I correct if I assume that the rate of your website is better?

It is indeed, thatā€™s very kind of you!

2 Likes

Hey guys,

First of all, thank you for this awesome business model and for designing so an app. I see its potential every day and really want to keep using it.
I have purchased a license via the iOS app a couple days ago and have tried installing the app on macOS also : no luck redeeming the purchase on mac, even if I log in.
Is there a reason to that?

Thanks a lot for your answer!

2 Likes

If you have bought the features (thank you!) but donā€™t see them unlocked on (one of your) devices, make sure you create an Agenda account and log in with in on all your devices. If that still doesnā€™t work, please email us at support@agenda.com with the email address you used for your Agenda account and weā€™ll fix it for you as quickly as we can.

However @joss in your case itā€™s different, I can indeed see you bought the iOS only version of Agenda ($9.99), this doesnā€™t include Mac (the mac+iOS choice was $24.99). If you want it on all your devices we can give you a coupon that allows you to upgrade to have Agenda on all your devices.

i like this apps. and i am try to find out whether suits my needs or not.

about the premium features : i can keep the updated regularly within 1 year, isnā€™t it?
(the new upcoming features or just stability improvement updates will be received within full 1year).
after 12 months, i wonā€™t received any updates anymore unless i pay again. but i can keep all the updated before 12 months is over. am i right?

questions is what if i already satisfied with all the features for the first year, and i donā€™t need the latest features. but when apps donā€™t work smoothly, sometimes when update new ios. the apps can freeze, stop working, error here and there, become slow.

do i still received the updates for all the bug? or must pay for another 12 months package in order to get all the bug gone.

Thank you.

You can always update to the latest version, with the latest bug fixes, whether you pay or not. The license only covers the ā€œpremium featuresā€, not updates. Updates are free.

You get all current premium features, and those added in the 12 months following, all unlocked for you permanently. Features added after that might be locked, but you can always get the latest update.

2 Likes

I donā€™t really use Agenda that often (yet), but I think you have a great model which is fair for both sides. I paid for premium now because I want to support you and I hope other developers adopt your business model.

Now I will make Agenda my primary app for notes ā€¦ :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the support!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Repurchase with different email

A post was split to a new topic: Change email of Agenda account

Iā€™m curious - apologies if mentioned in a thread and I have not seen - if premium is bought now at the current price with current features (say Ā£24 with 8 features), does someone buying it in the next 12 month cycle get all the new features and the old features, while the original purchaser must pay again for the new features?

Your current premium features, plus any additional ones released over the next 12 months, are included with your purchase price. I see where you are going with your query, though. Which new premium features might be included with this purchase over the next 12 months?

I presume that new features will continue to be published during our first year, then when our year is up, any new ones would be included in a repurchase for another 12 months. If we donā€™t see anything ā€œvaluableā€ to us after the first year is up, but then six months down the road after our first year expires, we see a whiz bang feature we just gotta have, we can buy a new 12 months which will include the features we had originally purchased and the whiz bang feature, plus any new features coming in the new 12 month period.

I imagine there will be a per-feature price if we want to pick up something that was released between 1st anniversary and the second purchase date. This has been my question as well, but I thought Iā€™d just wait to see if someone would ask. And you have. :grin:

Guys? What of the new features that come out between our first year expiration and our second year purchase? Are they automatically included, or are they similar to modules which are just not loaded on our version of Agenda unless we purchase them?

1 Like

When you make a purchase, whether for the first time or second, it unlocks all premium features at that point in time, no matter when we introduced them. In addition, you get any new ones added the 12 months after that.

If you purchase, then wait 18 months, and then purchase again, you still unlock all features, including any added while you were ā€˜expiredā€™.

Itā€™s a very simple system. When you have a valid license, all features at that time are permanently unlocked.

3 Likes