Searching and Filtering

I would also like the option that when you mark an item as finished that it disappears from the list.

1 Like

+1 on this. Would love to see a completed note to drop to the bottom of the project.

2 Likes

I’d like that too!

1 Like

Me too, or a view pane that filtered only for due tags or action tags.

Is there a way to limit a search to just the projects within a category? I have categories for Family, Work etc. and when “at work” I’d like my ‘on agenda list’ to reflect that using a saved search. Is this possible?

3 Likes

You can’t do it directly, but you can select all the projects in the category, and then do a search. It will be limited to the selected projects (ie that category).

How do make that a saved search? For instance if I select all the projects under the ‘work’ category and select the ‘on agenda’ search, it gives me the expected results: only ‘on agenda’ items from the selected projects.

But, when I save this search and return to it, it ‘forgets’ the selected projects

1 Like

But, when I save this search and return to it, it ‘forgets’ the selected projects

Indeed, currently saved searches are always across all projects, hopefully we can add more options down the line.

1 Like

I also feel this is an important feature - category or project based search. Right now, in searches (which can be saved) I can indicate tags using # and people using @. It would be great if there was a way of indicating projects, or categories, in saved searches using some symbol like $ or % etc.

1 Like

Could I search the notes outside Agenda? e.g. from os x spotlight or iOS shortcut. Because I hope I could search across the apps. There are difference notes apps for difference purpose. E.g. Agenda for daily notes, Ulysses for writing articles(because Agenda could not insert picture right now) and evernote for clipping. Everytime when I need find a note I need search in three different notes. And I check all the topics in Howto, such as this one and Sharing, Import, Export, and Printing - #42 .

We haven’t added spotlight support yet. It is on our list. Thanks for the feedback!

I have had some success, though, with searching categories or projects in iOS Spotlight, and getting back Siri Shortcut suggestions to “Show notes in project search term”, though.

YMMV!

ScottyJ

A post was split to a new topic: Advanced searches

2 posts were split to a new topic: Search for tags with parameters

I believe ths answer is “no” or “not yet,” but does there exist today the ability to search for all notes not Marked as Done?

2 Likes

See Search for notes with a global « done «

Hi, any update on whether this is something that coming nearly soon? After using Agenda for a few days, I realised that its very essential to be able to filter my notes at a line item level. I typically use Agenda for capturing meeting minutes and tracking actions against.

Please let us know if this is coming soon as the last update to the thread seems to be an year old!

Please let us know if this is coming soon as the last update to the thread seems to be an year old!

We don’t have an ETA yet, it’s unlikely we’ll get there before the summer I’d think.

I support the idea of having a hierarchy - so, that we can handle individual sub-tasks

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Single characters don’t give any search results