Time Stamp Feature

Do you have a way to add a time stamp feature to Agenda?

4 Likes

Can you elaborate with what you would like to add in terms of a timestamp? There’s Note > Assign to Today to quickly assign the current date to the entire note, or do you want to insert the current date+time as text inside the note?

Sure, It would something that you can insert as text in the body of the note similar to this…

Sunday, January 28, 2018 3:44pm

Maybe even with a short cut like Control D, etc.

Reason is that I like to track my time on certain projects and this will allow me to have a start time stamp and a stop time stamp.

I am not sure if you are familiar with Tomboy notes, but this is a feature they include in the system. Comes in very handy!

4 Likes

That makes sense, we have been indeed hearing similar requests to allow for instance inserting #today or #now that would convert in a timestamp. We’ll think about it.

5 Likes
  • 1 Vote for this.

Also, please add options on Timestamps. (e.g 1/30/18, 30 January 2018, etc.)

5 Likes

I needed similar functionality in another app so I’ve created an Automator service for myself. Haven’t tested yet, but it should work in Agenda too.

Update: I’ve tested and it works

http://decoding.io/inserting-timestamps/

2 Likes

Hi @zsbenke! the link no lnher works. can we please get it back?

Hello @mekentosj! any updates on this? The truth is I will use a note to make track updates of my project, and have the date I made changes automatically come up would be fantastic. Thanks!

No updates other than that we know what we’d like to introduce, there’s a bunch of higher priority things in the queue ahead of it though.

1 Like
  • 1 more vote for this

yep, automator is the way to go…. works cross platform too!

Hi @Steve_Kelly, can you share how you did this? I tried running a script and it did not work. Thanks

install this app ‎WordService on the Mac App Store then access via Keyboard/ services in settings. simple!

+1 vote for this even though it’s been a year!

+1 for a time stamp please!

Hello, some news about this functionality….?
It is very important with every(hour)day working with notes in Agenda….
I vote for it strongly….thnx :wink:

No news yet, we have something in mind but it’s still a bit out as other items have a higher priority i’m afraid. In the mean time this post offers some alternatives:

Looking forward to a simple time stamp! (Don’t want the TextExpander bells and whistles, and endless updates)

Got a really frustrating use case at the moment. Trying to get a response from a large company, which is involving seemingly endless telephone calls and left messages that don’t get a response. I want to keep track of who I spoke to when, but it would be overkill and confusing, to open a new note each time just to type “left message for Jack John re the thing” or “receptionist said Jack John has left, not yet been replaced” etc.

Yeah, I really would like to have a timestamp feature as well. The other app that use for notes, Bear App, has this feature and I use it all the time. If Agenda had this feature it would definitely be a big plus.

1 Like

As a workaround, I use the keyboard shortcuts. I’ve got one which expands to #created(today) . Works on MacOS and iPad. You end up with a tag with the appropriate date.