Using Agenda for Daily Scrum

I like Agenda a lot and started using it as a notepad for software development.

Each day I create a list of things i want to get done that day and add notes as needed during the day. I also add mentions, when I assigned a task to a colleague or when I need to discuss an item with a colleague or someone from a different department.

The next day, I copy the contents of the note to a new note for the current day. Then I remove everything I completed yesterday and add all the new tasks that came up.

With that workflow I’m perfectly prepared for the daily Scrum standup meeting, where the questions 'What did i do yesterday?’ and 'What will I work on today?’ are answered.

9 Likes

Great example, the daily meetings become a nice log of how things have progressed this way.

Yeah, this is a really great example of Agenda’s temporality. Projects move forward, and Agenda moves with them.

1 Like

It’s both a nice way to keep track of my daily work as well as to get a full log of my work at the end of the month (or sprint in Scrum) for review, reports, summaries etc…

As I’m copying the daily note each day to a new one, a 'duplicate note’ feature could be helpful, although copy&paste does the job as well.

3 Likes

As I’m copying the daily note each day to a new one, a 'duplicate note’ feature could be helpful, although copy&paste does the job as well.

That makes sense, we have some additional ideas in this direction too.

1 Like

Do you work off one new note for each day?

Yes, that’s what I do currently. Like that I get a better overview of how things progressed over time and I can still see what I was busy with on a particular day in the past.

2 Likes

Thanks - I’ll try that! :blush:

1 Like

This is exactly the same way I use Agenda for my scrums too and it has proven to be invaluable.

As Christian says, while Copy&Paste do the trick a Duplicate note feature would be quite useful:

1. Cmd + D
  2. Up arrow
  3. <return> to start editing the note
  4. Happiness
2 Likes