Time Stamp Feature

Hi Chris

Could you please share how you do this? I’m familiar with Keyboard > Text in MacOS/iOS, but I don’t see how to create a relative date.

Cheers

Same here!

"#created (today)” is a special tab that Agenda recognizes in a note, and automatically expands it with the appropriate date. You can use it directly - type it in - but since it’s a bunch of characters to type, I use the MacOS and iPadOS keyboard shortcuts feature to make it easier on my fingers. The shortcut gets expanded, and then interpreted in an Agenda note.

1 Like

Ah! Thanks.

After a bit of experimentation I’ve discovered this is exactly what I need! I sometimes need to keep a record of my contact with a client or stakeholder. If it’s a substantive contact it merits its own note - eg a record of a meeting.

But often, it’s a single note to keep track of my attempts to call someone, or to summarise an ongoing ‘conversation’, eg called X, Y said he’s on leave until Monday; called X today, left voicemail; X called said he can’t help, speak to Z.

Followin Chris’s prompt I’ve realised I can now create tags for this situations:

#called(today) #emailed(yesterday) etc

In fact it can be #anything(today)!

I’ll now create relevant shortcuts in Keyboard prefs - thanks!

As far as a DATE stamp, this solves it for me. But a TIME stamp would be cool - all it would take would be for #tag(time) or #tag(now) to expand to DATE&TIME.

1 Like

#anything(today)” — wow, now I learned something! Thanks!!!

We all just saved $40 a year we can put towards Agenda….

1 Like

Great tip, and indeed you can use it for many different situations. Regarding the time stamp feature, we still have some ideas coming in a future update of Agenda that will make this possible. Now we just need to find the time to get to it…

1 Like

Hi, is it any news for time stamps for this year?

Really need this feature (for TIME stamp only and for both TIME & DATE stamp)

Good news, it’s already there: Creating and Using Templates - #4 by system. You can type \date, \time, or \now to insert a timestamp. Plus, the link above shows you how to you can further tweak the format to your liking.