Keyboard Shortcut - Insert Today’s Date

I looked for this topic, but couldn’t find a specific match.

What would be very useful would be a keyboard shortcut that simply inserted Today’s Date into the note at current cursor position. For all my #ai’s I want a date so that when I search on all #ai’s it’s clear when I entered the action item. It’s time consuming to type “01/16/19” instead of a cmd-D or something like that.

Thanks!

I use Typinator for doing things like this, in particular for inserting the date anywhere e.g. also in Finder.

But of course it would be also nice to have a basic function like this in Agenda, makes sense.

TextExpander is another app that works great for these types of things in Agenda.

Keyboard Maestro 8.2.4: Work Faster with Macros for macOS or Alfred - Productivity App for macOS can also do this.

macosxguru

See also this Talk post:

I use Automator and keyboard setting to insert stuff I can fetch from the unix command-line.
See conversation ➛ Time Stamp - a simple feature that could be very useful

1 Like

Hope there is something that can be done for iOS and iPadOS since TextExpander is not an option. Perhaps this can be considered into a future “Action” syntax? (Perhaps something like \today or something like that)

On iOS use Settings > General > Keyboard > Text Replacement to create a short cut that expands into something like #date(today)

@drewmccormack I thought I’d seen somewhere there was a new feature that did this within Agenda. Is that right? I can’t find the details in the forum.

You find it here: Creating and Using Templates - #4 by system

1 Like