Time Stamp - a simple feature that could be very useful

I find myself using Agenda as a business journal. All the activities of a day and sales calls etc are captured in a single note. A time stamp menu item would be useful so that I can capture the time as I’m talking with prospects etc. Then it moves the date aspect of Agenda, which is one of its key differentiatiors to the next level.”

Simply choose the menu item, or its hot key, and insert a time stamp at the cursor position in the note.

4 Likes

Have you tried either TextExpander or Keyboard Maestro? I use TE and here are two snippet examples that I use for time stamps - the first one triggers the date and time when I type “.dt” and the other triggers the date stamp with “.ds”.

2018.06.29 12:00 PM -

2018.06.29 -

Good idea. I use TextExpander.

Does indeed make sense to use something like TextExpander for this. We have ideas in this direction as well.

You actually do not need any paid tools (TextExpander, …) for short actions like this.
The unix command date, OSX Automator, and Keyboard Shortcuts can do it for you.

1st — Use “Automator” and create a workflow like this
2nd — Assign a shortcut to it in Sysyem Preferences/Keyboard

And, from now on, you can use the selected shortcut anywhere where you can enter text. Although, it may be a bit tricky to find a meaningful unused shortcut :wink:

Other than that, your Automator-workflow is shown in menu “System Services”.

Have Fun!

2 Likes

Thanks for this “TheCraftman” but this more of a reason why Agenda should include built in. Im actually looking for the calendar to pop up with a default of todays date when you type //

This is good for now though! thank you!