Hi Drew,

That’s really awesome! Is the “normal testing group” the beta that I can get from your site or is it a smaller group (if so, how do I join :wink:

Either way, it appears that a “Merry Christmas to us!” is a true thing!

Thanks for your response. - K

If you leave a post in this topic, we’ll add you in the next testing round:

Hi Kevin,
It looks like you are already in our beta testing group, so you should have access to the beta via Test Flight. Make sure you read the instructions, especially regarding updating the macOS app.
Kind regards,
Drew

Hi @drewmccormack I’d love to become a Test Flighter for your next round.

If you leave a post in this community topic, we’ll add you the next round.

You made it! Great! Just downloaded the new version and I love how thoughtfully you have implemented the „insert images“ feature. Great work, thank you!

2 Likes

Glad you like it so much!

Hooray, it’s done, you can now add images to your Agenda notes. As this thread proves this has been one of the most requested feature by far (together with the iOS version that we launched in June). We would like to thank you all for your patience and constructive feedback that helped us shape, build, and test this feature, we hope you like it as much as we do!

Adding images and attachments feature has been a colossal undertaking. @drewmccormack did most of the work, so please join me in thanking him for the awesome result! He compared it once to writing a whole new app, and it isn’t far from the truth. I think we could have written a good Photos clone in the time it took to add photos to Agenda. There are just so many different facets of the feature, from presentation to drag-and-drop to sharing, and so much more. And each file type needs to be handled differently, compounding the effort required. Anyway, it’s finally over. There will likely be a few small issues that arise after the release, but the feature is finished and we can move on. Enjoy!

For more info on how it all works, see this How To topic:

5 Likes

FANTASTIC!

It’s done, it’s WELL DONE, and on top of that, it’s for both free and Premium to benefit from.

I wasn’t sure why I took premium apart from just supporting the dev, but now I know why I’ll keep the Premium tier :slight_smile:

Thanks!!

2 Likes

Yes, in case you missed it, there is a benefit in there for premium customers, namely that they have an extra display style available: full-width images. But we also didn’t want to make images/attachments purely a premium feature. This seemed like a nice balance.

3 Likes

Thanks guys, this is really great!

2 Likes

Awesome! I appreciate the effort invested in making Agenda the best note taking/organizer available.

2 Likes

Just re-installed and am very happy. This is the difference maker

2 Likes

Brilliant to hear!

Just curious if the addition of image support now allows for inclusion of images in notes when importing from Apple Notes? This omission has kept me from exploring Agenda as I have a significant investment in Notes with included images. Congrats to the development team on making a significant feature update!

Alas, we would love to do it if Apple would give us the means, but unfortunately they don’t seem to include access to the images and attachments in the Applescript interface we use for import.

is there a way to re-size images in full width mode?

Thanks in advance.

No, they just try to take up the width, with a sane limit on height. If we allowed you to choose a size, it would be a problem when the image was on a different device with a different screen, or you changed the window size etc.

If you find an image is too big, best just to change it to a thumbnail, and quicklook if you need to see it.

+1
As an artist and designer, I relate very strongly to that workflow.
Thank you