Attachments and Images

attachments
files
photos

Attaching Files and Images on macOS

Agenda is not just for text. You can also attach files and images to your notes, or take photos and video to include. Be aware that files tend to take up much more space than text, and will take longer to sync to other devices.

To attach a file or image to a note on macOS, make sure the note is selected first. Then try one of the following…

• Choose the Note > Attach File… menu item.
  • Right-click and choose Attach File… from the contextual menu.
  • Choose Attach File… from menu that appears when you click the cog button at the bottom of the note.
  • Drag a file into the note and drop it where you please.

Attaching Files and Images on iOS

To insert a file or image on iOS, you can try any of the following:

• Tap on the blinking cursor to bring up the black menu, and choose Insert Photo, Camera or Attach File. (Use the arrows to move through the menu.)
  • On iPad, enter split screen mode, and drag a file into a selected note.

Continuity Camera

The macOS version of Agenda also supports the Continuity Camera feature. This allows you to take a photo or make a scan on your iOS device, and have it inserted immediately in a note on your Mac. You can use this by right clicking on a selected note, and choosing Import from iPhone or iPad at the bottom of the menu.

Working with Files on macOS

Once you have an image or file attached to a note, you have a number of different actions available to you. The way you work with attachments is a little different for each device, but you can perform the same set of actions.

On macOS, you can bring up a menu of options simply by clicking on the attachment. In the popover that appears, you can choose a display style, from a compact inline style to thumbnail styles and a full width style (requires premium purchase). Other options include previewing with Quick Look, opening the attachment in another app, sharing the attachment to another app, exporting, copying, and deleting.

There are some useful shortcuts on macOS for some of these actions. For example, holding in ⌘ and clicking the attachment will show the Quick Look preview immediately. Double clicking the attachment will open it in another application. And you can interact with the attachment just like you do with text, copying it, dragging it, and so forth.

Working with Files on iOS

On iOS, the gestures for working with text are a bit different. Tapping an attachment brings you straight to the preview, rather than showing the popover menu. To get the popover menu to appear, tap-and-hold for a second or two, and then release. The same type of menu will appear as on the Mac, letting you choose the same options and actions.

The features we are working on right now…
Attaching external documents
Attaching external documents
Taking Notes
Tags, Links and Lists

Thank you for this. I’ve just signed up for premium to support your excellent work.

Thank you so much, that’s brilliant to hear!

+1 subscribing to premium (as I already had posted) the moment images and attachments came out. Hope you guys add password protection soon :smiley:

+1 subscribing to premium from me guys, good work
thanks

How can I add images on iOS? i don’t find the menu option to do it!

Did you miss this above?

Attaching Files and Images on iOS

To insert a file or image on iOS, you can try any of the following:

• Tap on the blinking cursor to bring up the black menu, and choose Insert Photo , Camera or Attach File . (Use the arrows to move through the menu.)
  • On iPad, enter split screen mode, and drag a file into a selected note.

Got it. It was not working. Now i reset and it works.

Anyway +1 upgraded to Premium. I want to support you guys!

Brilliant, thank you so much!

Hey Guys,

Amazing work. Adding attachments feels so intuitive.
This is the feature I waited for. Many thanks for that.

With a lot of pics/attachments comes a lot of data. Right? Sometimes I donˋt need the attachment for life so I want to delete it Ehen the time has come.
Is there any possibility to show any notes with attachments, in „search“ for instance?

Many thanks

Tobi

+1 upgrading to Premium to show support for the great work that your team is doing! Hope that eventually we can create events for the items on the checklist in a note. Keep up the good work!

No search for notes with attachments yet, no. We will consider it. Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for the support. Yes, we would like to attach reminders to individual checklist items in future.

A post was split to a new topic: Crash when using continuity camera

2 posts were split to a new topic: Showing Images Full Width

Hi, If the inserted attachment is too large, can I insert it with a link?

This feature can’t be done.

Yes. Drag it in, and hold CTRL as you drop.

ok, Thank you for your replay.

But there is just open the folder, is there a way to open the file directly?
Because we have some documents are not suitable for display directly in the meeting.

I’m afraid with a link, we can’t do better than link to the file in Finder. It opens Finder and shows the file. This is due to the “sandbox”, a security feature of Apple’s.

So the choices you have are to link, and have Finder open, or to attach the file, in which case you can open it from Agenda (it is in the sandbox), but then it is not the same file as on the hard disk.

Sorry I can’t offer more. That is Apple’s system.

Kind regards,
Drew