German - Deutsch

Great, best to sign up as beta tester, we hope to have a first beta with the first round of German translations in within the next few days, we can then use as many people looking for issues and improvements as possible. I’ll also add you to the translator team.

Update: Hooray, the German translation of Agenda will soon be available as we have just released the first beta version including German. We’d invite everybody to give it a try and let us know if you find any aspects that can be improved, need to be corrected, or are giving issue. A big thanks to all translators to bring it to this important point, can’t wait to have it in the hands of all our German speaking users! :confetti_ball:

@thomas.buesch has joined the project, thanks for helping bring Agenda to our German speaking users Thomas!

1 Like

With great pleasure. Love the integration with other applications. I frequently connect sources, with Agenda as the core.

2 Likes

Ready to support the team…

1 Like

Great, I’ve added you to the team, thanks @christianriess!

1 Like

Ready to join the team :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheers, @penturon, I’ve added you to the team! The German translation is shaping up very nicely, would be great if you could help polish it further towards the release.

1 Like

Hi, would be nice to join.

What I did: read German release notes of Agenda 10.0 / 10.0.1 in App Store

What happened: You translated „Fixed“ with „Fest“. This means „solid“ in German in this context (in other context it may also mean „Festival“ or „Party“)

What I expected: You should have used „Behoben“ in the context of „Fehler behoben“ (bug fixed)

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):
IPad OS 13.5, Agenda 10.x

1 Like

Thanks for reporting, we’ll make sure the release notes are properly translated next time.

1 Like

Update: Hooray, the German translation of Agenda is now available as part of Agenda version 10.0 :confetti_ball:. We’d invite everybody to give it a try and let us know if you find any aspects that can be improved, need to be corrected, or are giving issue. Join me in thanking all translators who worked so hard and with so much passion to add the German translation of Agenda! :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Hello,
I would like to „Finalize“ all newest translations for v11/Beta end of this day (Tuesday, 8th of July).
In case you want to change something, please leave a comment for the translation so we can have a look at it and change it.
We also have time to optimise the translations when the v11/Beta comes out.
Greetings and stay safe!
Claus

1 Like

If you use the Agenda version from the Agenda website and let it search for a program update, you will get this result (in case there is no update):

Agenda-Update

I could not find the text in the window in OneSky (Where should I look for it?)
The translation should read:

Du bist auf dem neuesten Stand!
Agenda 11.0 ist die zur Zeit neueste verfügbare Version.

Holger

These phrases were translated by the Sparkle project, but if you translate the following once I can manually change it:

“%1$@ %2$@ has been downloaded and is ready to use! This is an important update; would you like to install it and relaunch %1$@ now?” = “%1$@ %2$@ wurde heruntergeladen und steht zur Verwendung bereit! Dies ist eine wichtige Aktualisierung. Möchten Sie %1$@ jetzt durch die neue Version ersetzen und neu starten?”;

“%1$@ %2$@ has been downloaded and is ready to use! Would you like to install it and relaunch %1$@ now?” = “%1$@ %2$@ wurde heruntergeladen und steht zur Verwendung bereit! Möchten Sie %1$@ jetzt durch die neue Version ersetzen und neu starten?”;

“%1$@ can’t be updated, because it was opened from a read-only or a temporary location. Use Finder to copy %1$@ to the Applications folder, relaunch it from there, and try again.” = “%1$@ kann nicht aktualisiert werden, wenn es von einem Volumen ohne Schreibzugriff (z.B. Disk Image oder CD/DVD) gestartet wurde. Kopieren Sie %1$@ in den Programme Ordner, aktualisieren Sie es von dort.”;

“%@ %@ is now available–you have %@. Would you like to download it now?” = “%1$@ %2$@ ist verfügbar (Sie verwenden Version %3$@). Möchten Sie die neue Version jetzt herunterladen?”;

“%@ %@ is now available–you have %@. Would you like to learn more about this update on the web?” = “%1$@ %2$@ ist verfügbar (Sie verwenden Version %3$@). Möchten Sie mehr über diese Aktualisierung erfahren?”;

“An error occurred in retrieving update information. Please try again later.” = “Bei der Aktualisierung trat ein Fehler auf. Bitte versuchen Sie es später erneut.”;

“An error occurred while downloading the update. Please try again later.” = “Beim Herunterladen ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Bitte versuchen Sie es später erneut.”;

“An error occurred while extracting the archive. Please try again later.” = “Beim Entpacken der Daten ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Bitte versuchen Sie es später erneut.”;

“An error occurred while installing the update. Please try again later.” = “Bei der Installation der Aktualisierung ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Bitte versuchen Sie es später erneut.”;

“An error occurred while relaunching %1$@, but the new version will be available next time you run %1$@.” = “Beim erneuten Starten von %1$@ ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Die neue Version von %1$@ steht beim nächsten Programmstart zur Verfügung.”;

“Should %1$@ automatically check for updates? You can always check for updates manually from the %1$@ menu.” = “Soll %1$@ automatisch nach Aktualisierungen suchen? Sie können im %1$@-Menü auch manuell nach Aktualisierungen suchen.”;

“You already have the newest version of %@.” = “Sie haben bereits die neueste Version von %@.”;

“You’re up-to-date!” = “Sie sind auf dem neuesten Stand!”;

1 Like

“%1$@ %2$@ has been downloaded and is ready to use! This is an important update; would you like to install it and relaunch %1$@ now?” = “%1$@ %2$@ wurde heruntergeladen und steht zur Verwendung bereit! Dies ist eine wichtige Aktualisierung. Möchtest Du %1$@ nun durch die neue Version ersetzen und neu starten?”;

“%1$@ %2$@ has been downloaded and is ready to use! Would you like to install it and relaunch %1$@ now?” = “%1$@ %2$@ wurde heruntergeladen und steht zur Verwendung bereit! Möchtest Du %1$@ nun durch die neue Version ersetzen und neu starten?”;

“%1$@ can’t be updated, because it was opened from a read-only or a temporary location. Use Finder to copy %1$@ to the Applications folder, relaunch it from there, and try again.” = “%1$@ kann nicht aktualisiert werden, weil es von einem schreibgeschützten oder temporären Ort aus geöffnet wurde. Kopiere %1$@ in den Programme Ordner und aktualisiere es von dort.”;

“%@ %@ is now available–you have %@. Would you like to download it now?” = “%1$@ %2$@ ist verfügbar (Du verwendest Version %3$@). Möchtest Du die neue Version jetzt herunterladen?”;

“%@ %@ is now available–you have %@. Would you like to learn more about this update on the web?” = “%1$@ %2$@ ist verfügbar (Du verwendest Version %3$@). Möchtest Du mehr über dieses Update erfahren?”;

“An error occurred in retrieving update information. Please try again later.” = “Beim Abruf der Aktualisierungsinfos trat ein Fehler auf. Bitte versuche es später erneut.”;

“An error occurred while downloading the update. Please try again later.” = “Beim Herunterladen ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Bitte versuche es später erneut.”;

“An error occurred while extracting the archive. Please try again later.” = “Beim Entpacken der Daten ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Bitte versuche es später erneut.”;

“An error occurred while installing the update. Please try again later.” = “Bei der Installation der Aktualisierung ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Bitte versuche es später erneut.”;

“An error occurred while relaunching %1$@, but the new version will be available next time you run %1$@.” = “Beim Neustart von %1$@ ist ein Fehler aufgetreten, die neue Version von %1$@ wird aber beim nächsten Programmstart verfügbar sein.”;

“Should %1$@ automatically check for updates? You can always check for updates manually from the %1$@ menu.” = “Soll %1$@ automatisch nach Aktualisierungen suchen? Du kannst im %1$@-Menü auch manuell nach Updates suchen.”;

“You already have the newest version of %@.” = “Du hast bereits die neueste Version von %@.”;

“You’re up-to-date!” = “Du bist auf dem neuesten Stand!”;

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll put them in :+1:

2 Likes

@mekentosj and @hr1: A small cosmetic change/fix: To use no „(" and „)" for “(Du verwendest Version %3$@)“ because the build number is also set in „(„ and „)” what results in a „))“:

„… verfügbar (Du verwendest Version 11 (143)). Möchtest Du …"

I think it does not look well. I recommend to add a „.“ at the end of the sentence before, and delete the ().

„… verfügbar. Du verwendest Version 11 (143). Möchtest Du …"

I think it need to be done at two locations.

Thanks
Claus

1 Like

Ok, thanks!

1 Like

I am working with version 133, a new version 134 is displayed. The information text that is displayed after a successful update search is still in the old version („Sie" instead of „Du“). That’s ok, because these translations were only installed at 134. Is there a way to check if this works properly now?

The same applies to the release notes: These are still displayed in English, although the German translation is finished.

Also, the orange box announcing that this is a beta version is not yet translated:

Beta Release
This is a beta release of Agenda. It may also contain bugs und miss some functionality. Please make regular backups.

Should read like this:

Beta Version
Dies ist eine Beta Version von Agenda. Sie kann Fehler enthalten und einige Funktionen können noch fehlen. Bitte mache regelmässig Backups.

1 Like