Web version of agenda

Web app would be great. I move back and forth between Windows and Mac, so something cross platform would be useful. Thank you, Steve

2 Likes

Just adding a voice - I am multi platform user. I started out with Agenda basic, liked it, bought premium liked it… Now I am working on my PC today out of necessity, would love to consult Agenda!

Just sayin’ you got a huge market out there if you port out a Win version or whatever your “beyond an app” thoughts are manifesting into.

Regards,

Tim

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, there is certainly a market, no question. It’s more a technical issue, namely that Windows/Web/Android apps use completely difficult technology to Apple. We can’t use anything we have already written on those platforms, so it would be a project as big as writing the original Agenda.

We may get to other platforms down the track, but there is still enough on Apple platforms we need to tick off first.

Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

I use Agenda in different shared network enviroments. In these situations a simple web version would really help out.

Absolutely agree, web version makes sense as it would immediately extend the number of use cases for Agenda. I don’t want to be limited to using Agenda.on my mac which I cannot use at work.

2 Likes

I think the web version is the solution to all the ills…

A responsive web app can serve both Windows and Android users. In addition, a web app could be used to share the notes with other users!!

I think it’s time this feature is at the top of the task list. Don’t you?

1 Like

A web app would be nice, but it is an entirely different beast. People often don’t realize that behind a web app like Slack, there are hundreds of developers, not to mention that they burn through millions in funding just to keep them running (read “completely unprofitable”).

Our expertise is Apple development, and there is still a lot to do there in the apps. Maybe we will do web at some point, but it is really an enormous project, and it could be a while.

I know it… It’s an enormous project. But dreaming always will be possible.

Muchas gracias por la gestiĂłn y reciba un cordial saludo.

Personally I prefer to invest all energy (and money) into the development of the existing apps.
There is still enough “On the Agenda”, implementing new features, fixing bugs …

2 Likes

Same issue here. But for what it’s worth, I solved it somewhat by using an iPad at work, next to my work PC, as a kind of “portal” into third-party apps which lack a web interface.
In the perfect world, I absolutely agree having a web interface would be great. But there are so many security risks which come with having all your data on the web too…

Just started using agenda and like many others fell in love with it.

My current daily workflow requires me to take notes pretty much on the go, and while I use a Mac for some of the work, this is not always accessible as I do have a linux workstation and an Android phone too.

For me to have a long-term relationship with Agenda I would require a quick solution to be able to log quick notes from an Android device too. As the OP suggested - this doesn’t have to be a fully featured version of Agenda, it can be very simple version that allows to write new notes to a “draft” folder for later processing when I’m on the Mac.

I appreciate undertaking projects like “creating an Android app” or a new “webtool app” can be very time consuming and will certainly require a new team of people with very different skillsets to work on it. But I believe, reading comments in this thread, that there can be some quick wins without having to rely on creating fully supported cross-platform apps.

1 Like

We share that sentiment, there’s a lot of space between nothing and a full-blown web version. We have a lot of thoughts in this area, unfortunately not the same amount of time as we have ideas.

3 Likes

Just wondering if anyone found an alternative to Agenda that is a web-based app? Same issue - I have to switch between Mac and PC…

It’s not the same or nearly as nice for what Agenda does, but Notion has apps for Mac, iOS, Windows and Android, and notion.io website for a web browser. It uses markdown also. It also has a web browser clipper that works really well for saving articles.

I’m multi-platform as well: Mac, iOS, Linux and Notion works for me because of the web access.

Even when I’m on my iPad Pro, I often use an external monitor with the ShiftScreen app, which uses the full size of the external monitor. BUT anything there has to be web-based. So limiting Agenda to the app on the iPad Pro screen only is a serious limitation for me. Much less when using Linux as I am now…

So my advice is if you’re going to do any other platform, do web access. Then it will work everywhere else.

SO I’d much rather have Agenda on the web :wink:

1 Like

Appreciate the feedback. That is definitely our thinking too: web hits every other platform. Still a bit task though, especially for two Mac/iOS developers who are all thumbs when it comes to web tech :slight_smile:

We have other ideas about things that could help people on other platforms in interesting ways too. Stay tuned for that…

3 Likes

Just discovered this app. Seems to tick a lot of boxes for me. But, would like to see a web version as well. Though I can take my iPad to work as ‘notebook’ my desktop is still windows. Keep up the great work.

1 Like

We are definitely interested in a web app. It is a lot of work, because our expertise is native Apple apps, but we’ll see what we can do. We would like to come up with an option or two for Windows, even if it is not an actual native app.

Kind regards,
Drew

5 Likes

Realy appreciate the candor on providing a webapp.

While I am tied to the OSX and iOS platform for the forseable future, portability will become larger, as it seems to be for some.

Did a review of Craft, another Apple Design winner, and noticed that they released a beta Webapp. It looks very nice with data that can be synced with the native app. Just mentioning that as an FYI and maybe they found some secret sauce for Web app dev. Or perhaps people know that it is built in a different way than Agenda?

Thinking a webapp would be an easy chargable option.

Not moving to Craft, still love the UX of AGENDA. Keep up the good work.

I think Craft’s secret sauce is probably VC funding :slight_smile:

We are a small operation, and like to keep it that way. We won’t be going the startup/VC route. Plenty of options out there if you prefer that, but don’t be surprised when your data is sold to Facebook, if you know what I mean.

We would like to make a web app. It is definitely in our roadmap, but we have some other native projects that are taking priority at this moment.

Thanks for the feedback!

5 Likes

I understand people wanting a web app, or Windows, Linux versions.

However, as Kate and maybe some others mentioned, I just REALLY hope that it will be an opt in, where those of us that want to only sync our data through iCloud, can choose to do so, and NOT put our data anywhere else.
As much as I like the developers for Agenda, and love the app, if using the app means my notes and data are going on a server other than iCloud, I will have to stop using the app for most of my needs.

I love this app too much, and will be devastated if I have to stop using it because I cannot do iCloud sync only.