Toggle list (edit: Foldable text) & Set note length

Hi,
Thank you all for this app. I tried and purchased Agenda for a while before switching to Notion, but then realize Notion is too slow for quick journal entry in my workflow so switched back to Agenda for daily journals and quick text editing.
There are, however, a few features that I think would make Agenda even better:

1. A toggle list (presumably an option of style setting when editting notes) that can collapse and expand. IMO this would make Agenda a very competitive alternative to Workflowy in many use cases (e.g. when some date-based structure is needed)
  2. The option to set a fixed length and scroll through a lengthy note. Pretty often I scrolled pass the note I’m looking for because the length of expanded notes are too long and are not easy to spot collapsed notes from those expanded visually.
    Also, when using mobile app on iOS, if a title is too long, it is hard to click on the line that expands the notes.
    Hope these would be on your development roadmap.
    Thanks!

p.s. Speaking of which, is it possible that the community have access to a public Trello to see & vote for development roadmap, as in many other communities of productivity apps?

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!

Not fully sure I understand the concept of a “toggle list”. Can’t you just put a checklist in a note, and collapse the note?

Adding scrolling of a note, inside scrolling of the notes list, is very clunky and difficult to do right. We do have some plans for a more focussed edit mode, which may suit you more.

We don’t have a voting system for features. We already know very well what people want, simply because people post, or +1. That is not a mystery to us really. It’s just a question of getting around to each important feature, one at a time.

The other problem with voting is that it is very difficult as a customer to fully understand what you are voting for. Eg. Perhaps you think “I want tables”. Fine, but if I told you implementing tables would take the same time as 5 other features on the list, would you still vote that way?

My point is, really we are the only ones that can fully evaluate what it is best to do next. This is guided by what we hear in the forums, and what we know technically. A voting system would distort this, and perhaps also give people false hope. Some features are just very difficult and time consuming, and no amount of votes will speed them up, I’m afraid.

3 Likes

Thanks, Drew! Appreciate your response!
“Toggle list” is probably the name of the style specific to Notion. It has not much to do with listing, but instead essentially a section of text that user can hide/collapse and show/expand all the indented texts under that “toggle” section. So instead of collapsing the entire note (as you suggested), it collapses parts of the content within a given note. Pretty much like how “:arrow_forward:︎” in Workflowy behaves.

As for the votes, I have no doubt that you guys have the full knowledge for the next steps of the app. I guess for me it’s more about knowing what to expect as a user, and knowing that certain requests have been raised by fellow users, than steering the direction of development.

The style of the date of posts shown in this forum only tells the day and month, but not the year. so often I’m not sure how long ago was the thread active and whether the request has been considered. In that sense, a simple post pinned on top for a few previews or a list of “Stuffs we’re working on” would do, too.

Cheers

I think it would be great to offer folding within text notes: basically a standard outlining function.

Indeed foldable text sections is something we’re considering, not at the top of the list yet but something we hope to get to at some point./

3 Likes

(We don’t have a voting system for features. We already know very well what people want, simply because people post, or +1…)

“…Indeed foldable text sections is something we’re considering”

OK…+1

I would strongly support folding. I use Notion for this when presenting. Probably not too easy to implement, otherwise others would have gone further with this. However, Agenda is nothing if not go-ahead, so I wait in hope!

+1 for this :wink: