Today’s Calendar - always visible?

I have an MBP 13” latest High Sierra OS.
No unusual things installed or running.
Downloaded the new release, still no persistent calendar.

2013 MacBook Pro
2015 Macbook
2017 iMac
All runing the latest OS X, just updated with the new security update a few days ago

The line “issue” you highlighted is by design, that’s how we like it :smiley:

Regarding the inspector not remembering the open state. A few questions to you all:

• Does the sidebar on the left correctly remember the open/closed state and is it only the related panel on the right?

• If you open the related panel is it the size it had when you quit the app (or always the standard size)?

• if you open Agenda does it remember the correct window size and position or does that too reset?

• are you using Agenda in its own space/fullscreen when you quit or doesn’t this matter?

• are you using an external mouse and are the scroll bars always shown? If so, does it make a difference if you don’t have the mouse attached?

• are you having the agenda window be the size of the screen (i.e. is there very little space left between window edge and screen edge

• does it make a difference at all at what size you make the agenda window (small, large, tall, wide, etc) before quitting?

• are there conditions under which you have found Agenda to remember the open/closed state or have you never seen it do so?

Does the sidebar correctly remember the open/closed state and is it only the related panel?
I dont understand this question. The left panel remembers open/close state and its size. But not the related panel (always closed/always predefinded size).

If you open the related panel is it the size it had when you quit the app (or always the standard size)?
Always the standard size

if you open Agenda does it remember the correct window size and position or does that too reset?
Almost never. But I could not find out if there is a system behind it. Sometimes the window has the same width as when closed but it is not the same height. Or the other way. But almost never the same. Only when changing the size, quitting the app, new size. But: quitting without changing the size, starting the app, size is the same.

are you using Agenda in its own space/fullscreen when you quit or doesn’t this matter?
I use no separate spaces, never fullscreen.

are you using an external mouse and are the scroll bars always shown? If so, does it make a difference if you don’t have the mouse attached?
External mouse Logitech B100. Connected also a Wacom ArtPag Intous.
But the scroll bars are shown ONLY when the content is longer than the height of the window.

are you having the agenda window be the size of the screen (i.e. is there very little space left between window edge and screen edge
no, I have an external display 24“ or so, dont remember. I tried it also without the external display, on the screen of the MBP, same bug.

does it make a difference at all at what size you make the agenda window (small, large, tall, wide, etc) before quitting?
no.

are there conditions under which you have found Agenda to remember the open/closed state or have you never seen it do so?
no, but i will keep an eye on this aspect, on window size …

My answers are the same, with some additions.

No mouse on the 12” Macbook, but same behaviour.

The left Binder panel is always focused on the top item, On the Agenda, irrespective of everything else, which means Agenda usually opens to the default ”No notes on the Agenda” (because it is usually empty for me)

My answers identical to lunkmoln, except that I’ve got a very new (late 2017) MBP, no external mouse, just keypad.

As a follow up I just went through everything on my home iMac with a fresh install of Agenda 2.2.1 The calendar does not persist.

Can someone with this issue try this:

1. Quit Agenda
  2. Download and launch this copy: Dropbox - File Deleted
  3. Test if the panel issue still exists

I’m unable to download the item.

Argh, Dropbox being too smart. I think you can click the link, and then hit the “Download” button at the top.

Yeah that’s what I did exactly. When click your link it shows the .zip in the header, but lands on .app. I guess you can’t download the .app.

No difference.
It starts with the binder visible and On the Agenda in the main window, and no calendar, irrespective of what state it has when I quit.

Also here: No changes!

I would like to see this week’s calendar in the right-hand sidebar, but it does not persist when I change projects or edit something (not to mention that it doesn’t persist when I re-open Agenda).

Also, it appears that the calendar sidebar isn’t listing everything on my calendar (from multiple sources, it just lists the first item from every calendar). This isn’t useful.

Oh wow… I never noticed that! You’re right it only takes one item from each calendar!

However, once I open my calendar it DOES stay pinned on the right side no matter what I choose on the left. I can change projects, and groups at will and the calendar will stay in place.

I think it’s an ongoing bug that the calendar won’t persist when you close down and re-open.

The calendar on the right is not just there to show you calendar. It adapts to the selection. If you select a note, and the note has a date, the calendar for that date is shown. If there is no date, it defaults to todays calendar.

The idea is this:

1. You can see events on the day corresponding to the note you are editing
  2. You can assign the note your are editing to a event if it doesn’t have one
  3. You can jump to notes attached to other events on that day.

So don’t think of the calendar on the right as just a nice Today widget of your calendar. It is a control for matching events to notes, and looking for conflicts.

Can you be more explicit about only seeing the first event in a calendar? Perhaps send a screenshot? I definitely see all events from my calendars for the day in question.

Chiming in on this issue–new download, new premium subscriber–and if I close & reopen the app, the “related” sidebar is always hidden. I’ve deleted the preferences file & restarted–no change. I also deleted the Saved Application State folder & restarted–no change either.

I’ve noticed something in the plist XML, however. When I show/hide the related sidebar, I see a change in the key for MainContentSplitView: The last values of the second string change from YES, NO (when hidden) to NO, NO (when related is showing). If I show the sidebar and quit, there’s no change to the plist. However, as soon as I relaunch the app, Agenda immediately rewrites the plist file (I can see the write happen in the finder) and changes the saved “NO, NO” value to “YES, NO.” So something is telling the app to rewrite that preference value on launch.

1 Like

That’s very useful info, thanks for reporting that, we’ll investigate his lead.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue. As the last comment was from June, does it mean that it was fixed for others?