Today’s Calendar - always visible?

Not working for me either.

Agenda version 2.2

Oh, I see now: The same here (2.2, resart) -> no calendar side bar on the right side.

Working fine here. I suspect it is the preferences issue. Try restarting the Mac, then test whether the sidebar state is stored after that. Ie launch Agenda, close or open the sidebar, quit app, start app again.

I did that but … not sidebar at launch.

I have the latest and have gone throught all the manipulations, but can’t get the calendar to come up either after it’s been shut down.

Hmm, it is definitely working for me. Can someone with this issue look in Console for error messages when you toggle the related info bar, and when quitting and launching?

Did anyone try this?

1. Click on Finder
  2. Choose Go > Go to Folder
  3. Enter this exactly
    ~/Library/Containers/com.momenta.agenda.macos/Data/Library/Preferences
  4. Drag com.momenta.agenda.macos.plist to the Trash.
  5. Restart the Mac.

Drew

I tried the second, but it did not change.

Is it maybe related to these 2 options in the view menu?

• Hide/Show Todays Calenda
  • Hide/show related

Two options that affect one location/the sidebar. Maybe there is something getting mixed up?

Also: Not possible to hide the calendar, once it is shown by „Show Todays Calenda“ / Command-T it is not possible to make it invisible again by Command-T - or quitting the app ;-).
Only "Hide releated“ hides the sidebar (and not only the part of related notes“.

Maybe an idea for a solution: Having only one „item“ in the menue „Show/hide right sidebar“ (or similar) instead of two. As I mentioned it in an earlier post it is a little bit confusing to have two entires in the menue with two more or less similar results (but also inconsequent).

I think you might be misunderstanding what Show Todays Calendar does. It just goes to today’s date. It is not designed to open/close the related info panel, though I guess if the panel is already closed, it will open it.

Another thing to try: does the sidebar open/closed state work for you? Ie if you close the sidebar on the left, and quit, then launch again, is it still closed? Same with when it is open: does it stay open on a relaunch?

In other words, is the problem only related info, or also the left panel?

Oh, yes. I missunderstood it (and somethiong more). Mainly I used it for opening the right panel. Now I realized that it jumps to the Todays day (and opens the panel if closed).
And: „Shoe/hide related“ is not (only) „Related notes“! It is about what is related to all/specific notes!

The left bar works fine. No problems. I tired here quitting, starting the app with/without the panel. All works fine as it should.

Hmm, if left works, it probably isn’t a preferences issue, as you already found.

Here’s an idea: Does it help if you drag the split of the related info a bit, to resize the area there, and then quit?

Did try the Finder sequence you mentioned and the calendar doesn’t persist.

To be clear, I did the following:

Click on Finder
Choose Go > Go to Folder
Enter this exactly
~/Library/Containers/com.momenta.agenda.macos/Data/Library/Preferences
Drag com.momenta.agenda.macos.plist to the Trash.
Restart the Mac.
Launched Agenda
Toggled the calendar on the right side by doubling clicking the edge.
Quit Agenda, waited 15-20 seconds
Opened Agenda again…no calendar sidebar.

As for the other thing regarding the console, there is so much going on that you can’t even see what effect starting/changing/restarting does on my macbook pro

Version 2.2 from the App store.
The calendar bar at the right is never open when Agenda opens, irrespective of what state Agenda is in when I close it. It always open with the left sidebar visible and On the Agenda in the main window.

I thought this was the way it was meant to be…

1 Like

No, it should definitely remember where it was.

Something to try: does it help if you drag the split on the right a bit to resize the info panel, and then quit?

Nope, does not work.

We think we may have a fix for this, though it is difficult to test because everything is working properly for us. The fix will be in the next release, probably a few days away.

1 Like

There is now a beta with this fix. Faster than we thought.

Sorry, but still … no right pane, still the same problem (but no restart, not deleting prefs). I installed the new beta 2.2.1.
There is a slight oprical difference between the sidebars. The thing grey line, what means it seems to be a different pane, maybe. From my point of view of an non developer …

sidebars

Shame this did not fix it. We are running out of ideas, and it is very difficult to isolate when we do not see the problem here.

What device and OS do you have?

Re: lines in splits, that is purely cosmetic.

MBP 15“ (2016), newest OS. Using an external display.
Maybe i restart in safe modus?! Or disable some extensions?! Hmmm, I could send you the pref file…