Support for Tables

The problem is, there are a lot of these requests. Everyone wants their own favourite. We simply can’t do them all at once. Each one requires months of development.

Tables is a popular request, and it has finally bubbled up to the top of the list. We plan at this stage to start on this in the coming months. Stay tuned.

7 Likes

Alexa, you’ve just come up with another SoftwareDev pricing model, whereby by Dev create new SW, the basic core, and which feature gets developed next depends on who/how many donates to what next proposed feature, and the money actually changes hands the moment the Dev commits/delivers to developing that feature. Bonus money if they deliver on time.

Kind of like a SW Dev via a knid of Kickstarter payment model and, it’s also what Apple did initially with Final Cut Pro X, 10 years ago, provided a basic app that lacked many PRO features, so in the first 3-4 years Apple relied on external parties to create plugins and additional workflows and Final Cut Pro partner/sister/helper apps to work along side FCP.

But the problem with this payment model is that a user could throw a lot of money to a specific feature, and dev would develop it cause user committed a lot of money, but said feature might be good for specific user base, but not necessarily good for the rest of the user.

Something to think about.

Yeah, we are certainly no fans of a “build-to-order” type approach I’m afraid, it can cause very odd incentives.

There will be many times where a certain feature will be requested but it needs other features built first before the “most popular requested” feature can see the light of day.

I trust the Agenda developers to figure out the pieces to stick in next. I’m sure they’re hearing the flood of feature requests so they’re taking them into consideration when deciding what to work on next.

3 Likes

+1 for this feature.

This has bubbled up to the top now. Stay tuned.

12 Likes

best news EVER!

1 Like

Great news. I was coming to add my +1 to this feature request.

1 Like

Added another vote for support for tables. Thanks!

Working on it now.

16 Likes

+1 I waited for Bear to get this for…well, forever. Please add this. Yeah. :+1:t2:

Any ETA on support for Tables?

Working on it now. It’s a big project. Still hoping to have it out this year, but might be early next year.

3 Likes

Tables would be huge! So important for templates and notes. Let me know if I can help test or provide feedback on any designs or functionality. Loving the MacOS/ipadOS apps.

+1 for tables!

Nearly done! :wink:

3 Likes

You guys are killing it this year with the updates - well done and sincere thanks! Tables will be a huge boon, but there is already so much this app is doing. Awesome work!

3 Likes

+1 for what @freytim wrote!
Thank you guys!

1 Like

Great job guys. And honestly, good job weathering this thread (and others) w.r.t. the never ending backlog problem in software development.

I’m curious - how do you prioritize customer requests? I know user-voice type things make it simple - go with the next highest vote count (discounted for effort & cost, obviously). What’s y’alls process?

It’s an organic process where our own ideas on where Agenda should go, are weighed together with what we hear read in the community, from feedback and support emails, and other channels. Also technical feasibility and complexity, as well as marketing opportunities play a role.

One thing we absolutely don’t believe in is user voting, this just leads to feature bloat, being forced to work on things we don’t think should be part of Agenda, and false expectations (“hey, this thing has been top 5 since forever and you still didn’t do it!?”). Basically, that kind of system is just the real life equivalent of the Henry Ford quote “If I had asked what people wanted, they had told me a faster horse”, as in, it would force us to build faster horses…

7 Likes