Support block codes

Are there any plans to support inline code/block codes like markdown? :slight_smile:

14 Likes

We already support both a Preformatted paragraph style as well as a Fixed Width inline-style. Are you looking for anything specific in addition, like syntax highlighting etc?

3 Likes

yes, it will be great if you can support syntax highlighting.

3 Likes

Both preformatted and Fxed Width, behave on a unexpected way when I think about code-related notes.

They do serve they purpouse, but is not as intuitve as typing inline code that I want or

const code = () => {
   // something
}

using just the " ` " character. also bonus point to code hightlight :grin:

2 Likes

We do support the markdown backticks for inline code, i.e.:

`some inline code`

should result in:
some inline code

We don’t support yet the triple ``` to start a Preformatted paragraph style I believe, @drewmccormack

Yes, you can just use back-ticks for fixed width (inline) code. For preformatted, you can select the style first, and then, eg, paste in to get a code block.

We will think about how we might support the three backticks option. Could perhaps be a command.

2 Likes

Yeah the inline block works with only one backtick. thanks for all the anwsers! :slight_smile:

Another suggestions is make the inline code/block code more easy to spot (like here we have a different background) this make easy to spot and find blocks.

Thanks again! :v:

1 Like

The preformatted type does indent, and use a different font, so is quite visible. Inline is just a different font.

Thanks for the feedback!

I’d love to be able to go into preformatted type by typing ``` and then return to go into code block mode, just like in DayOne, GitHub, Typora etc.

Also syntax highligthing for vairous languages would be nice, but the addition above should be fairly simpel :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I did look into this. It is not quite as simple as it seems in our system, but we are would like to add something like this. Thanks!

4 Likes

Nothing is ever “fairly simple” right? :grin:

1 Like

Just added this. Next release will support this. If you type ``` and a space, you will be in preformatted mode.

5 Likes

Great! Sounds good and intuitive :blush:

Would like to see proper code blocks like how Quiver does it. Nevertheless, I really like what you guys have made. I am a fan of Agenda now.

1 Like

The preformatted mode is still pretty far from what it’s supposed to be. Besides, I often find it hard to read or find what I need when both types of text are mixed together.

1 Like

What are you missing in the preformatted style, aside perhaps from source code colored highlighting?

1 Like

Colored highlighting would be fantastic.

3 Likes

Just wondering there is any update in this matter. Are you currently working on that feature or is something for the future?

Something for the future I’m afraid, see The features we are working on right now…

+1 for seeing the code sections with a slightly different background, even if it was subtle. At the moment they are hard to distinguish from the other text for me.

2 Likes