Stay in Sync

A post was split to a new topic: Switch from iCloud to Dropbox

A post was split to a new topic: Partial sync

This is one of the things that attracted me to Agenda. I already have Dropbox and iCloud accounts, so there’s no added or ongoing expense. I also don’t have to worry that if one day Agenda goes belly up, that this system will stop working. Hopefully this is a business decision that contributes to Agenda prospering for a really long time :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Can’t sync

A post was split to a new topic: Stopped syncing

A post was split to a new topic: Switching from iCloud to Dropbox

Is anyone having problems with iCloud sync. I have 3 devices, all have been setup according to instructions (all using same appleid, all logged into iCloud, all have iCloud Drive setup…). I had no problem in the past but all of a sudden the devices won’t sync. I can’t put a finger on when but I have a new phone. Anyone have any clues or remedies?

I think, if you have a Beta version installed on one of your devices, but not on all, you get a sync problem.

Yes, did you install the beta version on any of the devices? Do you see a warning from Agenda that other devices have a newer version?

Do iCloud and Dropbox (I’m using Dropbox) sync projects and categories and subcategories? I finally got my MacBook and iPhone to sync, but only the projects. The organization on my MacBook did not duplicate itself on my phone. Thanks!

Yes, they do sync the categories and subcategories. Note that often, especially on first sync of a new device it can take a while before all categories and subcategories come in, and initially it might look like only the projects come across. Normally it’s simply a matter of giving the sync time to complete by leaving Agenda in the foreground on a charging device.

A post was split to a new topic: Moving from iCloud to Dropbox

Good Morning
to all “sync-troubled” users:
I am not an expert, but it seems to me that the sync problem is a MAC/IOS problems, as it started after the last update 15.2.
Just my 2 cents.

I personally gave up in looking my iCloud, etc. It does not sync.
I temporarily solved my problem by using Agenda in my iPhone as primary, and I transfered my most important Agenda files from MAC to iPhone via export —> as Agenda File —> then AirDrop to iPhone.
It is fast, not very practical, but for now meets my needs.

I searched a bit the problem in places such as Reddit, and specilized magazines. That is why I think it is a MAC problem, as other people have problems in connections (including the Bluethoot being iffy after the upgrade).

I think for many/most customers, the sync is still working fine. Sync and iCloud are always going to have some issues. That’s the nature of the technology, which involves many complex systems working together.

So I wouldn’t assume that iCloud is broken for all customers on 15.2. That would be a major issue for Apple. What may have happened is that some customers are meeting with an issue that was introduced in 15.2. (If you search Reddit any day of the week, you will probably find many iCloud issues. When you consider there are probably a billion people using it, you can easily find a few hundred with issues on any day.)

My advice is to get in touch with us if you are having sync problems with Agenda and iCloud. We can usually sort them out one way or another.

Hi Drew
Of course. I didn’t assume it was an issue for ALL.
It still doesn’t work at all for me (I have 2 iPads, iPhone 13, and MAC), none of these sync, either among IOS nor IOS—MAC.

Let me know when you think there will other steps I can do to make it work.
Many thanks.

We have been seeing reports on Twitter and the web the last few days that there may actually be some serious iCloud issues on Apple’s own servers. Developers are saying they probably started around the time of iOS 15. They don’t affect everyone, and not all the time, but when they happen, it can go hours or days without working.

I’m wondering if perhaps you have been affected by this. We are working on adding a new reporting mechanism in Agenda so we could determine the errors in future, but it isn’t in there yet, I’m afraid. Probably best to discuss this in the other thread we have setup for your particular problem.

If anyone else is experiencing these issues, start a separate support thread, and we will try to help.

Kind regards,
Drew

Any news on expanding sync options? I would appreciate OneDrive support as that’s what my company requires me to use. I understood it’s not high up on the list of priorities, but I wanted to check anyway if things have changed in the mean time.

We are working on collaboration at the moment, so sync is on the back burner. The problem is also that there are so many different services, integrating them all would be a real challenge. But perhaps we can extend things a bit in future.

I changed my sync from icloud to dropbox, cause i got an new ipad with another iCloud-adress. So far so fine. It works between Mac and iOS.

BUT, the new iPad sync is so slow! It s running since days, but still not all things are there…and i think i have to let the app always activated else it doesnt sync. Are there any tipps that the sync is going faster?! Why no sync in background?

Sync in the background is very limited. The app only gets a few minutes at most, which wouldn’t help much.

The first sync can take a while. After it is finished, it is usually very fast after that.

Usually, this is simply a case of giving the device enough time to upload/download the data. You could hold Agenda in the foreground for a while, just stopping your device from going to sleep, to give it time. If you don’t want to to have to constantly keep the device from “sleeping”, you can turn off the Autolock in the Settings.

Note that you can see if it is syncing by looking for the clouds crossing the islands icon (or flashing cloud icon) at the bottom of the right panel. It appears when there is sync activity. On the Mac, this appears top-right in the window.