Moving from iCloud to Dropbox

I used to use icloud to backup but my new job won’t let me use it so I’ve had to switch to Dropbox. My phone and computer won’t connect, none of my updated work shows on the other device.

You could try resetting the sync data to see if that helps.

Here are instructions:

1. Turn off sync in Agenda on each device, removing the cloud data each time it asks you.
  2. To also remove the cloud data in iCloud, turn on iCloud sync for a few seconds on the Mac, and then turn it off again, and remove the cloud data
  3. Delete the app on your iOS devices (assuming your Mac has all the data)
  4. Quit the Mac app
  5. Click on Finder, and choose Go > Go to Folder
  6. Enter this ~/Library/Group Containers/WRBK2Z2EG7.group.com.momenta.agenda.macos/Release/Application (There is one space after Group, but no other spaces)
  7. You should see folders DerivedInfo, PersistentInfo etc
  8. Drag the DerivedInfo to the Trash
  9. Go into PersistentInfo, and drag the three files beginning with ChangeSets to the Trash too
  10. Launch Agenda on Mac, and wait for your data to rebuild (a minute or two)
  11. Once you see all your data again, turn on the sync to Dropbox.
  12. Wait 10 minutes with Agenda just running, and the computer staying awake
  13. Now install on iOS, and enable the sync there too. Again, keep it awake about 10 minutes.

Kind regards,
Drew

I’m unable to add icloud or access folders like that on my computer because it’s a work one. Are there any workarounds

Here is something you can do without access to special folders…

• Turn off the sync in Agenda on each device.
  • It will ask if you want to remove the cloud data. Do that. Remove the cloud data.
  • Wait 10 minutes
  • Look in Dropbox in the Apps folder for Agenda. Make sure that folder doesn’t contain any data. You can trash anything there.
  • Now turn on the sync for one of the devices, and let it finish uploading. It should ask you to sign in via a web browser. Also, don’t forget to press the button that takes you back to Agenda after you have signed in.
  • Once it is finished, turn on sync for another device, and again wait until finished. Again, it should take you to a browser to sign in. Make sure you sign in with the same Dropbox account you used on the other device.

If you have all the data on your Mac already, you could also consider deleting the app on the iOS devices, and installing again from the App Store, then turning on the sync again.

Lastly, if your employer is blocking iCloud, are you sure they aren’t also blocking Dropbox?