Stay in Sync

A post was split to a new topic: Can’t Sync

Hi. Is there an option to selectively sync agenda projects via iCloud? I would like to have some projects to be synced … others not. Would be really great if that is possible.

Alas, selective sync isn’t possible at the moment, nor something we are considering adding at this point, sorry.

I also use an appleID account for work (Assigned to me via employer) and a personal appleID - id rather not cross the streams, so wondering if there is any other way…like do I have to use Dropbox or could it be pointed to a GoogleDrive folder perhaps??

frankly, i thought my agenda account would handle the syncing for me…

If we had to host all the data on our own servers, I’m afraid our licenses would get quite a bit more expensive, which is why — at least for now — we are using iCloud and Dropbox.

Dropbox is currently one way to setup a sync with non-standard account details. You can even make a new dropbox account, independent of your normal one.

We may add other options in future, but even getting Dropbox to work has been quite difficult, so we will probably turn to other things first.

A post was split to a new topic: Switch from iCloud to Dropbox

A post was split to a new topic: Partial sync

This is one of the things that attracted me to Agenda. I already have Dropbox and iCloud accounts, so there’s no added or ongoing expense. I also don’t have to worry that if one day Agenda goes belly up, that this system will stop working. Hopefully this is a business decision that contributes to Agenda prospering for a really long time :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Can’t sync

A post was split to a new topic: Stopped syncing

A post was split to a new topic: Switching from iCloud to Dropbox

Is anyone having problems with iCloud sync. I have 3 devices, all have been setup according to instructions (all using same appleid, all logged into iCloud, all have iCloud Drive setup…). I had no problem in the past but all of a sudden the devices won’t sync. I can’t put a finger on when but I have a new phone. Anyone have any clues or remedies?

I think, if you have a Beta version installed on one of your devices, but not on all, you get a sync problem.

Yes, did you install the beta version on any of the devices? Do you see a warning from Agenda that other devices have a newer version?

Do iCloud and Dropbox (I’m using Dropbox) sync projects and categories and subcategories? I finally got my MacBook and iPhone to sync, but only the projects. The organization on my MacBook did not duplicate itself on my phone. Thanks!

Yes, they do sync the categories and subcategories. Note that often, especially on first sync of a new device it can take a while before all categories and subcategories come in, and initially it might look like only the projects come across. Normally it’s simply a matter of giving the sync time to complete by leaving Agenda in the foreground on a charging device.

A post was split to a new topic: Moving from iCloud to Dropbox

Good Morning
to all “sync-troubled” users:
I am not an expert, but it seems to me that the sync problem is a MAC/IOS problems, as it started after the last update 15.2.
Just my 2 cents.

I personally gave up in looking my iCloud, etc. It does not sync.
I temporarily solved my problem by using Agenda in my iPhone as primary, and I transfered my most important Agenda files from MAC to iPhone via export —> as Agenda File —> then AirDrop to iPhone.
It is fast, not very practical, but for now meets my needs.

I searched a bit the problem in places such as Reddit, and specilized magazines. That is why I think it is a MAC problem, as other people have problems in connections (including the Bluethoot being iffy after the upgrade).

I think for many/most customers, the sync is still working fine. Sync and iCloud are always going to have some issues. That’s the nature of the technology, which involves many complex systems working together.

So I wouldn’t assume that iCloud is broken for all customers on 15.2. That would be a major issue for Apple. What may have happened is that some customers are meeting with an issue that was introduced in 15.2. (If you search Reddit any day of the week, you will probably find many iCloud issues. When you consider there are probably a billion people using it, you can easily find a few hundred with issues on any day.)

My advice is to get in touch with us if you are having sync problems with Agenda and iCloud. We can usually sort them out one way or another.

Hi Drew
Of course. I didn’t assume it was an issue for ALL.
It still doesn’t work at all for me (I have 2 iPads, iPhone 13, and MAC), none of these sync, either among IOS nor IOS—MAC.

Let me know when you think there will other steps I can do to make it work.
Many thanks.