Organizing Projects

Is there a way to move entries from one project into another project?

You can just drag a note into a different project in the sidebar to move it.

A post was split to a new topic: Editing the category name

Quick question: can I edit the project group names and order on my iPhone? Clearly it is possible on the OSX version. Thanks Jfk.

Quick question: can I edit the project group names and order on my iPhone?

Yes, those are called “Categories”. To edit, slide finger right-to-left on category, to reveal a button.

A post was split to a new topic: Granularity of projects

This may help. Create a saved search on the designation for each project. It uptates automatically and is "resident"in the sidebar. A trick to make it easier (for me )is each note starts with the project name(in my case the chapter name / number for my thesis ) I have learned that this lets me create saved searches for streams / work or workflows which span more than one project - which may or may not be useful for you.

1 Like

Is it possible to see all the notes in chronology order without grouping them by projects?

Is it possible to see all the notes in chronology order without grouping them by projects?

Not yet, I’m afraid. We do have plans to give more control over that.

1 Like

Is there no way to create subcategories?
Is there no way to order projects and categories apart from enumerating them?

These are simple and expected functionalities, that won’t complicate the UI nor UX.

Is there no way to create subcategories?
Is there no way to order projects and categories apart from enumerating them?

Both of these are among the things we’d like to bring in the future updates.

1 Like

Thanks Alexander.
Looking forward to it. I’ll hold off on porting my KB, journal and other notes over to Notion a little longer :-/

2 posts were split to a new topic: Reordering sidebar

on a related note, is there any way to enter a note independent of a project? much of what I do or think about falls into a certain project or category (home, work, sport), but some ideas or endeavors are truly independent or miscellaneous. right now i’ve created a “miscellaneous” project under a new, separate “miscellaneous” category, but this seems a bit cumbersome and inelegant. I’m not sure exactly how it would work, but I wonder if there might be some way to enter notes unassociated with any a project or a category. (perhaps at least slightly similar to how many notes are assigned to particular dates but some are independent of time and are not)

No, this isn’t possible. We have some ideas in this direction but indeed you picked already the workaround we would suggest to create a “Scratchpad” or “Miscellaneous” project where you can add those notes.

Please, do.

A post was split to a new topic: How to review my days/tasks

3 posts were split to a new topic: See archived projects

Hi has the option to create Subcategories been added on yet? I thought when I purchased Premium that it was an added feature that was already available. Can someone please confirm/ advise? Thanks in advance.

Subcategories are fully working! It could be a bit more obvious. On Mac, create new category in the sidebar, and drag it into another category, and it becomes a subcategory. There may be other ways to do it. No idea how it works on iOS.

If you tap a category on iOS, you see a 3 dot button appear. Tap that to make a new subcategory.

On Mac, mouse over the category, and then tap the 3 dot button.

1 Like