No reminders syncing on iOS

“Syncing” between in Agenda App created reminders and Reminder App on one device e.g. iPad works flawless. Changing reminders (date, time) in Agenda App or in Reminders apps also “syncs” flawless on one device e.g. iPad. But it does not sync to the other device e.g. iPhone. Means reminders created in Agenda App on iPad do not show in iPhone Reminders App. Even though Agenda note with reminder text and reminder symbol created on iPad syncs to iPhone flawless.

When you on iPhone in Agenda Note open the reminder symbol it even shows the correct date and time from on iPad created reminder. After choosing Save the reminder shows in Reminder App on iPhone with the same Agenda Link identifier as on iPad. But changes made to this reminder do not sync between between iPhone and iPad. On one device “syncing” of changes works flawless.

Similar to Miro mentioned, reminder created on Agenda shows up in Reminder app on that device but it won’t sync. Changing reminder date & time will not make it sync. Can see an alarm icon in Agenda on other device but nothing in reminder app.

Me too. I have this exact same problem. Reminders sync. Agenda items sync. But reminders created in agenda on either iPhone or iPad do not sync.

I am also having this Issue.

IPad Pro 2020 IOS13.4.1
IPhone XS IOS 13.4.1

Agenda notes sync correctly across these two devices. When a reminder is created on one device, the reminder shows up in the native app on the same device that it was created with from Agenda however that reminder is not synced through the native reminder App to the other device. Furthermore, on the other device, the note with the reminder is shown however in calendar view the reminder is not listed like it is on the device in which it was created.

1 Like

This is all consistent with an issue in the Reminders app, which looks top have been introduced with 13.4.1 :frowning:

Same issue here

I observed the issue with reminders created in Agenda not syncing to the other device before 13.4.1. Update to 13.4.1 has not fixed it.

Update after more testing:
Syncing between two iOS devices of reminders created and changed in Agenda, Reminder or GoodTask Apps works flawless (across both devices and all three Apps) as long as the reminder is not linked to an Agenda note.
As soon as a reminder is linked to an Agenda note (via Add to Selected Note from Timeline or created directly in Agenda note by + or \remind shortcut) syncing breaks. Usually text changes in reminder sync well, but day and hour changes do not sync.

I am on 13.4.5 beta and still having sync issue when creating a reminder on iPad in agenda via the alarm lock reminder icon, it’s not showing/syncing on iPhone and vice versa.

If I set a reminder in agenda on iPad using the + button reminders syncs to iPhone and vice versa just fine.

I only see the issue when creating a reminder in agenda using the alarm clock icon.

More testing…
“old” reminder (Agenda note created Feb 25th 2020) in an Agenda note just synced correctly date and time changes made on iPhone to my iPad.

Interesting, can other confirm this finding? That the reminder only doesn’t sync if it’s created through the \remind shortcut?

I can not confirm that. Reminders created from Agenda on iOS do not sync to iCloud, regardless of whether they’re created with the \remind shortcut or if I use the “quick reminder” action from the related panel.

Was trying to get hold of this but need to know whether this sync with Reminder issue is an Agenda glitch or Apple? If it is apple then it is never going to be solved. Instead why not add sync to alternative sources like Google Task or the Calendar itself with time and date rather than assign to date.

I just spent the last three days kicking the tires on Agenda and slowly moving existing data from OmniFocus and OneNote over to Agenda and Reminders. I was just about to pull the trigger on premium when I came across this issue. Reminders created in Agenda on my iPad do not sync to my iPhone, and vice-versa. Reminders created in Reminders on either device sync fine - it’s just the Agenda-created reminders that I have issues with. This is too bad because I was really stoked to start using Agenda full time to replace those other apps as it felt like it refreshed my focus and would be able to deliver on the promise of driving my projects forward with it’s unique approach; but this issue is a deal breaker unfortunately.

version 10 bug list not showing fix for reminders bug :unamused:

@mekentosj
Update… I am now on Agenda v10 beta…

Still syncs correctly across devices correctly using the + button to create a reminder.

Still not syncing across devices using the /remind shortcut… but… found a workaround to get it to sync… at least for me…

After you create a reminder in the note using Agenda /remind on iPad ( or iPhone) go to Agenda app in second device, your iPhone (or iPad), and select the /remind icon in the note and change the reminder time by 5 minutes … poof… reminder now shows in agenda calendar! :exploding_head: (Note: the /remind icon and reminder settings in the note syncs correctly across devices)

Have you tried deleting reminders both methods ? They sync?

Same issue here. Has anyone mentioned yet that reminders created in Agendanotes on MacOS do sync to Reminders on all devices, it is only the reminders created in Agendanotes on iOS that stay local.

Reminders not working again today. iOS iPad not synching.

Thanks for the follow ups, we’re still looking into the cause and still try to find a solution before the final v10 update is released.

2 Likes