Nested Folders: Rosemary Orchard’s Agenda Setup

Hey everyone!

I host a podcast about productivity with @heyscottyj and Agenda were kind enough to sponsor us to produce setup episodes - and lucky me, my episode came out today! We were both on the beta and so have been lucky enough to have been playing with those awesome new version 10 features that were just released.

If you have any questions about my setup please post them here and I’ll do my best to respond!

5 Likes

Really enjoyed the first episode, Rosemary. Always interesting to hear how people use Agenda. It’s quite flexible, and lends itself to so many different workflows.

2 Likes

This episode was great and has given me a lot of use-case ideas. And more apps to download. Pushcut seems really, really cool to tie a bunch of stuff together. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Don’t forget to check out the second episode that will come out later this week I believe, in which @RosemaryOrchard and @heyscottyj will discuss how Scotty’s Agenda setup!

2 Likes

This Tuesday - can’t wait! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Just following up that the second Nested Folders episode with my Agenda use is live now:

Hope folks enjoy!

ScottyJ

4 Likes

What a brilliant show @heyscottyj and @RosemaryOrchard, I really enjoyed it, think it’s a must-hear for anyone who is both starting and finds it difficult to create a first organisation (as @heyscottyj says in this show, don’t try to over-think it), as well as those who want to integrate Agenda deeply with other apps through shortcuts. It’s amazing what kind of deep integration you can achieve this way. A highly recommended listen, and don’t forget to check out the show notes containing the links to his shortcuts!

1 Like

Just recently coming properly to Agenda after previously trying it and putting it aside, so this (and the companion piece on Scotty’s set-up) was very helpful.

One thing I didn’t understand was that @RosemaryOrchard referred a couple of times to setting start and end dates. I can’t see how this is done in Agenda, given that there’s only one date field, or am I missing something here?

You can tap, hold, and drag (or click and drag on macOS/iPadOS) to assign a date range. In this way, you create a set of dates for a given note, allowing it to have start and end dates.

Hope this helps!

ScottyJ

(And sorry, I know that was mentioned for Rose, but I just happened to be here :joy:)

3 Likes

Thanks, very helpful! It had never occurred to me that the date field could hold a date range, that indeed opens up some interesting possibilities

-Mark

3 Likes