Get All Features

I think the key word in your sentence is “repurchase”. When you make a purchase, you are paying for the current set of premium features at that time, plus all the new features coming in 12 months. You get to keep those features and you do not have to repurchase them. You can stop paying the annual fee and keep the features you bought for the covered period. Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would love to buy your guy’s premium and support you guys and let you guys be able to make this app even better than now. I know apple will take some of the money from the premium if I do an in-app purchase so I was wondering if there was any way to pay you guys for it through this website so you get all of the money.

1 Like

If you download the non-AppStore version for macOS from Agenda.com, you can purchase directly inside the app.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Unlock premium features

Hi I see there’s some discounts available via code. As an Amsterdam UA educator, is that available to me as well?

The coupon codes referred to here are for people who already bought the iOS version and want to add the macOS version. For Agenda we don’t offer educational discounts at the moment, we hope that won’t keep you from purchasing the premium features.

1 Like

Is there any difference (e.g. in pricing) between unlocking within the direct-download version, and the IAP from the Mac App Store?

1 Like

Is there any difference (e.g. in pricing) between unlocking within the direct-download version, and the IAP from the Mac App Store?

No, there’s no difference between the two other than that Apple retains 30% while Paddle retains significantly less. But we prefer you to pick the method that you feel works best for you.

1 Like

Cool, appreciate that transparency and simplicity! Certainly compared with Evernote where there are all sorts of variables like this that can affect what price one is offered.

1 Like

Can we switch? I know too late for this year for me. Crazy $ models; I pay via App Store apparently? They take 30%. If I use Apple Card, I get 3% back, so in the end they get 27%, maybe. And you hopefully get 70%. I’d be happy to switch is possible.

If you’re not in the Netherlands, in the EU and buying Agenda as a business expense, you can also specify your VAT-ID during Paddle checkout and deduct that. It’s one of the premier reasons I like to purchase outside the App Store.

Yes, you can switch between versions at any time. Simply remove your old copy of Agenda, and install the other copy. Your license is tracked on our server, so all should work smoothly.

Your data is also safe, because that is kept outside the app.

Kind regards,
Drew

3 Likes

Hi Mekentos,

I would love to purchase the bundle for all my Apple devices with that mention $10 discount, I just want to know the total cost? I love your Agenda app, the look, features, price, and everything about you guys, I hate those other subscriptions apps, I love you guys keep give us choices as consumers! I pray that you guys will never change your marketing strategy someday! We will remain loyal to you guys as long there is no subscriptions, so keep it up guys at Agenda!

1 Like

So basically, to get the best bang for the buck users should wait for as long as they can live without premium features to avoid paying again and again for the newly added ones. Hmmmm. I really don’t think that is a sustainable solution without alienating all the early supporters. The upgrade path needs to be very good value for the early subscribers. Hope you can think this through.

If this were the case, Apple would never sell another iPhone. Ie there is always a better one coming, so why buy one now? You should just wait for the next one. You will never make the purchase, because there is always something better coming.

The reason people do purchase now, rather than just waiting until things get better, is that they get usage now. You can use the iPhone now, even if next year’s is better.

The same applies to premium features. Yes, waiting until the end of days will get you all features at one price, but you can’t use any of them in the meantime.

In other words, our deal is just the same as any deal on technology. It always gets better, but waiting means you can’t use stuff today.

6 Likes

This reminds me of folks deciding to wait for a better price for solar panels. For a long time now, waiting cost more than the savings realized immediately.

I contemplated for a little bit, but I won’t have any resentment about anything because of the model. I hate renting software, and being locked in. I hope I don’t offend anybody by suggesting Agenda is the Bernie Sanders of software.

And when you decide to buy, buy it directly, saving them the 30% they’d have to share if you buy via one of the App Stores.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Upgrade to macOS version

@mekentosj I truly appreciate your patient and continous efforts to keep all of us satisfied… In this case, its $4/mo vs. $2/mo debate!

As leader in software dev, I want to, so bad, to step and say: “let’s table this topic so our team can redirect their efforts on burning though the backlog of features and defects… :slight_smile:

So when I renew next, where would I buy from, Agenda website instead of App Store?