Creating a note clears the filter

Hi,

If I’m in a project and I’ve filtered it, e.g. to show notes assigned to this week that are not done, when I create a new note, the filter is cleared.

I can understand why this might happen – because the note doesn’t match the filter, but it does mean every time I create a note I have to reconfigure the filter.

I think it would be better if the note was created and shown while focussed even without matching the filter, and then when you click away if you haven’t configured the note in a way that matches the filter then it is hidden.

Thanks,

Alex

That’s exactly the reason, otherwise your new note wouldn’t be visible. It’s technically not trivial to do what you suggest I’m afraid.

I see. I’ve found that using your excellent Shortcuts support gets around this, as if you create the note with an assigned date that matches the filter, the filter is not broken.

One question, though. When creating notes directly in Agenda, they are created ‘unmarked as done’. So, if I have a filter set for ‘unmarked as done’, why does creating the note break the filter?

Thanks

One question, though. When creating notes directly in Agenda, they are created ‘unmarked as done’. So, if I have a filter set for ‘unmarked as done’, why does creating the note break the filter?

Can you illustrate this with some screenshots or a quick recording of the steps you take?

Sure – check this video. I filter by ‘Unmarked as Done’, then create a new note (which is unmarked as done by default), so why does the filter need to be reset?

Thanks

Thanks, clear. We’ll check if this can be improved but is technically non-trivial I’m afraid.

Thanks, much appreciated.

This is partially why I suggested a revamp of the recently edited feature. Overviews can be very useful and not just for locating. The addition of being able to create a work group of projects from the results of an overview would be a large project I admit. The result though would also address recently edited, which I find is hidden in a corner waiting to be implemented, its proper weight in the workflow.