Collaboration - sharing notes, projects

Sadly collaboration is not on the list of “The features [they] are working on right now…”

See above:

1 Like

Well, maybe an island with a monthly delivery by boat :wink:

Seriously though, I will check and make sure it is on there. It is something we talk about internally, so we definitely have ideas about it.

2 Likes

Oh no… I’ve purchased Agenda just to discover that I can’t share my notes…:persevere:

2 Likes

You can’t collaborate in real time, but you can share your notes via export/sharing. Just use the Agenda format to get an exact copy.

If you would prefer a refund, let us know.

Exactly the same here, showing to everyone :slight_smile:
I work in a very large organisation and would like to introduce this across the business, but without collaboration, we need to think about another solution, I will still continue to push Agenda to everyone that I know for personal use though :smile:

1 Like

Excellent starting point! I agree Zac. Me and my wife want to share a live version of our notes right now and can’t.

1 Like

We are working on Dropbox sync, and it will effectively allow syncing of the whole library of notes between multiple people (ie you can share a dropbox sign in). Maybe this will help in the case of a couple that need to share notes. (It won’t help with sharing a single note, of course. We have other plans for that.)

2 Likes

But is the ability for live collaboration something similar coming anytime in the near future? Sharing a note with a friend where both him and I can edit and it will update on both devices?

1 Like

Certainly not in the near future as this is not trivial to build, hopefully eventually (we certainly would like to see it ourselves) but this is medium/long term kind of material I’m afraid.

1 Like

That’s very interesting. I could see that being helpful. I look forward to trying that out!

Great job guys, I am loving the app but i am missing the sharing notes or project feature and this makes it like the native ios notes but with different ui. Please bring this feature to the app and i think will take over Evernote and other tools in the market.

1 Like

Yay! I don’t know if I missed it before, but Collaboration is now on the list.

And, I should add, for the short-term, you can ‘collaborate’ now by “directly adding a reminder from the selected note by using the system wide sharing extensions.

+1 million!

Thanks!

1 Like

Agenda is unusable in a real work environment without a rich sharing model

1 Like

You can ‘collaborate’ now by “directly adding a reminder from the selected note by using the system wide sharing extensions.

Interesting; though I’m very interested in collaboration, I am most satisfied that Agenda is integrating with Reminders, and does with Calendars, as not everyone I work with wants to own Agenda, but most use Macs, and all can access calendars.

Please someone correct me if I am overstating/assuming too much here.

Agree with all of the above + I would like to share different projects with different teams/people
(e.g. webdev / analytics / customer support teams)

1 Like

Yes, team projects will be great, where team people can create/edit note in a dedicated project/category.

2 Likes

PS. If you decide the sharing not to be free, make the free version to have at least 1 shared project and paid unlimited. :slight_smile:

I use Spark for email and I love how they provide custom public links that I can easily generate as a way to share the thread with someone not included in the email as a reference in my developer notes. I would like to do the same with this, capture architectural notes and reference them in my issues and solution documents.

For the moment I can attach PDF export but for some reason the white background is missing in the system preview so the PDF is unreadable. Plus this is a static file now saved on the system versus a link to a public/read-only version of the current note.

Indeed, sounds like a good idea. I think this will certainly be an intermediate step we would take if we ever to move to have a web app. Probably go through this stage first. Hopefully down the track.