Being able to drag notes into their own separate pop-up window

Hi Agenda team! Firstly, thank you for an amazing product.

The way I currently use Agenda involves having it opened in a separate desktop space than the one I’m currently working out of.

I’m on video calls very often through a browser, and since I need to take notes while participating in the meeting, I usually have to open up a macOS-native sticky note besides the main browser window to take notes in. This allows me to view the meeting and take notes at the same time.

Being able to drag a note out of the main Agenda window and have it open up as a pop-up of its own would allow me to ditch the macOS native Stickies app and take notes in Agenda directly.

This should also help with anyone who is looking for a “focus mode” solution as this should help them look at just one note at a time.

Thank you, and I appreciate any suggestions on how I can improve my workflow!

4 Likes

We hear you. Actually, this exact feature has been on our plate for a while. Now…we just have to get those other high priority features out of the way… :wink:

1 Like

Appreciate the response, Drew!

Where would I be able to find the high priority requests that the Agenda team is currently working on? I’d love to find out what’s coming up :smile:

New user of Agenda here. This would be a really cool feature. At the moment I am juggling between Stickies and Agenda, would be nice if we could pop out a note with like To Dos or something like that for easy and quick access and without being burried under all other notes.

We do have plans for a feature like this.

Note that we already have a bunch of things that help you find a particular sticky like note very fast:

1. You can put the note on-the-agenda, so it is always in the on-the-agenda overview.
  2. If you are editing it often, it will nearly always be in the Recently-Edited list on the right panel
  3. If you use the sharing extension of Agenda to access it from other apps, it remembers what note you edited last. If you use the sticky note for this, it will always show up immediately when you use the extension.

Hope that helps!
Kind regards,
Drew

Thanks Drew,

I use these features already, but what usually happens Agenda window gets covered by all others. Having a popup note on the side of the screen (maybe even the one that stays on top all the time), will always keep me focused and allow for super quick copy/paste etc.

Keep it up guys…

2 Likes

I see. We’ll think about it. Thanks for the feedback!