Autocomplete of tags

+1 Need to search for items tagged to a colleage, but did I use their first name, initials, or last name? Can’t remember! Now I need to search for all possibilities. Shooting in the dark… Need ability to view/edit/manage tags.

This is needed way more than password protection…

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Agree. Ironically I’ve created a note pinned to agenda just to store list of tags I’m using. Would like to see ability in agenda showing a list of tags used on top of auto complete.

2 Likes

Hello, since the tag autocomplete feature is getting hopefully even more closer to to the top of the list, could you please right away include autocomplete of people tags as well? Thanks a lot.

offtopic: and btw Agenda is great, I just throw away Evernote+Omnifocus in favour of Agenda (I also like your payment model)… so please please pretty please keep Agenda as lean and swift and elegant as it is now (not bloated and sluggish as Evernote), but keep adding those vital features like better tag management etc…

3 Likes

Yes, definitely when we add tag autocomplete we will do the same for people.

2 Likes

+1 for autocomplete for tags and people. I just discovered Agenda and am very excited to start using it. It seems nearly perfect for my needs, but I am terrified of typing the wrong tag in a note and then missing something important when I search that tag. I don’t know the logistics behind this, but may I suggest this as a priority?

It’s definitely among the top items of The features we are working on right now…

4 Likes

Way to go team ! :wink:

1 Like

Hi @mekentosj How far off would you say you are from releasing tags autocomplete ?

Alas, too early to call an ETA, we’re aiming for the first half of 2021.

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer

Cordialement,

Gilles Hemard

1 Like

I see you’ve started working on autocompletion of tags, that’s great! Is this something that’s likely to be released in the next month or so?

Keep up the great work.

1 Like

Next month no, but the aim is first half of this year…

5 Likes

Please do. This is something that would be expected out of the box. Pretty much every text / code editor has this. I work with a lot of tags, e.g. I add tags to parts of text like #investigate repeatedly where I need to do research and having to type it all the time, even if I type quite fast, is still annoying and people have already gotten used to this feature.

1 Like

+1, cannot wait for this function!

1 Like

+1 !!

1 Like

It’s a shame tag autocomplete is still not available after requested for more that 2 years. You a missing revenue as the competition have this functionality. I have to make a decision this month if I go for agenda or another tool. But after this decision, I’m not moving into agenda back easily.

Besides auto complete I’m afraid the organization capabilities which makes tags so useful are not on the feature list yet!!

This has been promised for a long time, and “getting close” for a long time. Can we get a real ETA please?

+1 for the autocomplete of tags and people. def helps having to remember what those tags were used some days past.

To give some insights as to why such a seemingly simple feature takes so long. For it to work properly we need to make quite a few significant under-the-hood changes, for instance to support tags with spaces, but also to unify a number of different kind of things to make autocompletion not only work for tags but also for people etc. This has been more work than we had originally foreseen. Good news is that those refactors are pretty much done and we’re shifting to the UI work. It also prepares us for a number of other frequently requested features.

Having said all this, as a small two-man team we also have to take the impact of the yearly new OS releases from Apple in mind and spend time on preparing for those too. Which means the ETA has unfortunately slipped from before the WWDC update to the one after.

8 Likes

Bummer :slightly_frowning_face: but still looking forward to autocompletion of tags! Would make Agenda even better!