Windows 10 desktop app?

I have a stoopit question I fear, but after googling… I have an iPhone with Agenda. I run my business on a Windows 10 laptop & 1Pad. Is there a Windows version for my desktop? To me, this piece is critical.
Thank you!

3 Likes

There isn’t one I’m afraid, nor will there be one in the immediate future, I’m afraid. We are not ruling out doing a Windows version in the future. Just not right now, because we already have a lot to do for iOS and macOS.

Bummer. It would have been great. Any suggestions for a good app on windows?

mary neal houlihan
direct matters

1627 california ave sw #4

seattle, wa. 98116

e: mary@directmatters.com

directmatters.com

Alas, I’m not a windows user myself so can’t be of much help I’m afraid.

Same issue here. Any plans for a web version? Would be a nice workaround for Windows

4 Likes

I strongly support a web version that would allow for a much more “multi platform” interaction. I am in the same situation as you are, work laptop is running windows 10 and I would love to be able to continue using Agenda for work. But if that isn’t a possibility, it becomes difficult to keep using it at all… :disappointed:

5 Likes

Yes same issue here, even a browser based version would be lovely. Won’t be able to use Agenda otherwise, as my office won’t give me a Mac. They say I am a writer and mostly useless as it is :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I have very mixed emotions about a browser based version. While I would love the access to Agenda if I don’t have my devices, I’m never without them so it is not much of an issue. And I get concerned that trying to keep a browser based version in sync with the features of a Mac/iOS/iPadOS version would mean that features are not implemented because of the nature of browser apps (lowest common denominator).

While I would recommend the Windows users consider getting Macs, I realize there are a variety of reasons why that may not be an option. And if Agenda ever decides to make a Windows version, I begrudging support it. I would prefer they continue to make strides with features in the Mac versions including some sort of integration with other Mac (and Mac-only) apple like Daylite. Where the rich note taking features of Agenda would be a terrific addition to Daylite for office productivity.

Just to keep this alive…sorry guys … I have found that I am wasting my time using this as I have to use Win 10 as well. I am forced to use MS OneNote in order to keep current on both platforms. I would much rather use Agenda!

I am a long time Mac advocate, but I am sorry to say 95% of the world is tilted the other way.

Regards

5 Likes

Hi, yes, this is also for me an important issue. My personal equipment is MAC (2 iMacs, 1 Macbook Pro, 1 iPad, 1iPhone,…), however at work I work with Windows for job’s compatibility sake. And there is no way of sharing the data inside Agenda. OneNOte is awesome but it is not a substitute of “our” Agenda in which we invested (and trust) so much. I “vote” for a web version, if it is not possible to mount a windows version (would Electron technology allow it?).

3 Likes

As a Win10- iPad/iOS user, I have the same issue with so many apps, however I learned to just get used to this kinda circumstances.
While I myself use Taskade on desktop; Notion is always a great option to consider…

However, non of them are sth like an alternative to Agenda but they work!

1 Like

windows version is desperately needed…

It would be neat to port this to Windows 11 &/or Linux, many of us in tech fields, business, & teaching could really benefit from this since we must utilize all these platforms for work.

I teach & run a fabrication lab, & could use this feature (School uses Windows, Kids use Chromebooks, our lab uses iMacs, linux laptops, & max spec windows machines).

If this is too much (at this time) for your team to develop… a workaround could be an online portal that we could run Agenda from. This should be relatively easy considering the brilliance of your current development team.

Do any of that & I will happily ditch, One-Note, Evernote, MS-teams plugins, & a few other software that serve the cross-platform purpose. I cant wait!

1 Like

These are indeed the directions we were thinking, although it’s a lot to chew off for a two man team. We’ve written a bit more about it here: The features we are working on right now…

1 Like

Yeap, a Web version would do wonders for me also. I am using a Windows 10 PC, iPhone and iPad. It is hard for me to change to Mac OS computer because of Windows 10 app compatibility. I hope you will make a web version sometime in the future.

2 Likes