Ok! Things I’d need to be able to write reports etc in Agenda. This is assuming my ideal workflow of writing in Agenda then exporting to pdf for emailing to client with no further manipulation:
- Some way of creating a cover page with report title, logo, date etc
- Page break between cover page and body of the report
- Table of contents, page break
- Body of report with page numbers (possibly numbered headings)
- Intelligent, automatic page breaks, so for example images (and tables when they come) aren’t broken across pages, headings ‘keep with next paragraph’, no widows, orphans.
- Appendices each starting on new pages
I realise some of this goes way beyond a note taking app! However, there are a couple things that would make a workaround possible:
- The ability to hide or suppress the ‘on the Agenda’ check box in the note title (This looks weird out of context!)
- ditto the date - though I could manually remove that, but that might be unhelpful in terms of not management
- Alternatively, an option to have the title on a header page
- Intelligent automatic page breaks as above
With these features, I could write the report in Agenda, create the report cover in Pages, export both to pdf, and join the cover and report together in Preview. I could also create any appendices as separate notes, export these and join in Preview.
I’ve just tested exporting a whole project as pdf and realise having an option in the export dialog to start each note on new page would be helpful.