Universal Checklist-List (eg via saved search)

I would love to see a single view with all open “checklist” items in one place — that’s the kind of “meta” thing that I think would make Agenda more useful as a place to track actionable items, versus just being a notes system.

1 Like

Thanks, yes, we have plans to do things along those lines.

3 Likes

Adding my vote for the ability to search for notes with open todo items as well. I am rapidly using this as my new task manager replacing far more complex items. My one fear which is keeping me from developing the level of trust I would like is that of dropping an open thread. Right now I have to go through every note to check for the hanging chads. If I could have a saved search which showed every note with an unchecked item, that would totally rock.

1 Like

We certainly want to offer more extensive options along these lines.

Perhaps a workaround for now is to put a tag (eg #has-incomplete-items) in a note as long as you have open items. Then make a saved search for the tag. When you finish everything in the note, remove the tag.

I’m a software developer. The standard Agile ‘stand-up’ questions are:

What did you do yesterday
What will you do today
What’s blocking you.

I have never found an app that has allowed me to effortlessly pick up all the things I did yesterday from my notes. I just downloaded Agenda a couple days ago. I really love that I can mix up the todos with my notes.

But I need to be able to separate them from out of all that note context as well for an agile standup. As it is, I have to go find them (I tag them with todo, bug it’s time consuming and visually cluttered) and then copy them and paste them into a new note which is exactly what I want to avoid. If I could search for todo’s complete or incomplete or both, by date and save it as a view, Agenda would be sooooo close to being to my dream notes taking app!

4 Likes

Stupid Question: everyone (including myself) appear to be doing similar things:

1. Import the meeting from calendar.
  2. Write up meeting notes. (I use the style Bullet List)
  3. Add Action Points with List > Checklist formatting

Checklists appear as checked or unchecked.

Given that this formatting is in the code, can we not search on that code somehow i.e. pull back all Notes with Checklist items marked as unchecked.

This feels simple to implement?

1 Like

I will throw a wrench in things :slight_smile:

I use checklists as points to talk about in meetings, and check them off as I go. These are not things I would want to show up in a universal checklist. So I would hope there’s some simple way to indicate that todos should be global or not, or some filtering, or something that lets me use checklists without including them in a global list.

It is certainly something we want to do, but falls under the general umbrella of more advanced search. It’s a project on the roadmap, but we aren’t there just yet.

Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

We would implement this as part of search/filtering, and you should be able to come up with saved searches that hopefully focus on the check items you want to see.

1 Like

Hi Drew,

I think the general thought here is searching on metadata. For example show me all notes which have open checklist items (actions I need to complete). You have some of these already such as all notes “on the agenda” or all notes with a person or tag. Another would be all notes not assigned to a date. Being able to search the meta data as opposed to actual content can be quite useful.

Where things really get interesting is with unions. Show me all notes with uncompleted actions which are not assigned a date.

Den

1 Like

Right. Yes, this is definitely on our radar. We have grand plans for search along these lines, but there are a few other features we need to get to first.

2 Likes

+1 on this!

Hello, since has been an year since that request, I would like to know if there has been any update on this feature. Being able to filter unchecked (undone) notes.
Thank you

1 Like

Still on our to-do list, no ETA yet I’m afraid.

Another six months—any further thoughts on adding a way to extract just the unchecked items?

We know exactly how we want to handle this — it has even through the design phase — but we have other things on our plate at the moment. We’ll get to it, but we want to do it right, and not just hack in some solution we come to regret.

5 Likes

Agenda’s team has been very good when it comes to features response, i have purchased twice not only to support the team but also with their hard work in producing a world cass app. Just so happy that the wait was worth it.

3 Likes

Great idea. Hope to see it soon.

2 Likes

Any updates on this? New user here, this would be a killer feature…

1 Like

No update at this point. We are in the middle of some other big projects. But this is still very high on the list, and should be tackled sooner or later.

1 Like