• Text format box will not close when I hit escape

What I expected: text format box to close

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):
• macOS 13.2.1
• Agenda 17.0 (269)

Hello
I have the same problem.

Fred

Sorry about this. We have heard of a few problems with the new palette, and are investigating. Hopefully have a bug fix version out ASAP.

Can you explain in more detail how you make this happen?

What do you mean by “click to “X””? I don’t see an X in your screenshot.

I can see that the panel is not where it should be. How did this happen? If I show the panel, then select another project, the panel automatically disappears. What did you do to make it stay there? Eg. did you make a new note? Hit some key combination?

Is this something that happens every single time, or only when you do a particular thing?

I have tested on my macOS 13.2.1, and I can’t make the panel get “stuck”.

If it helps, the procedure I described here reproduces it every time for me: Formatting palette can't be closed on Agenda 17

In my app it happens all the time:

The panel doesn’t have the red, yellow and green buttons in the upper left corner.

As soon as I drag the panel, it will duplicate. Only the duplicated panel can be closed and the original one will stay.

That’s so bizarre because we just can’t get it to reproduce, it must be something specific to a setting we are missing. Would it be possible to make a screenrecording from the moment you start the app (after it was quit) to the point it happens?

A few more questions:

Does the console.app (which you find inside your Applications folder under Utilities) output any Agenda related error messages?

Does the formatting window already show at startup or only shows the first time you click on the circle in the gutter?

How do you turn it from a palette to a window?

Do you use the keyboard shortcuts?

Is it depending on which action you click in the palette?

A few more:

Is it related to taking a note in full screen or having a note in a separate window?

Hey there

I created a video of what I experience, if helpful! A bit odd because of fresh off a restart it does close the first time, then when the format box is reopened it stumbles and won’t close.

To answer your questions

Does the console.app (which you find inside your Applications folder under Utilities) output any Agenda related error messages?
I don’t see anything… but only about 90% sure I’m looking in the right place :slight_smile: happy to dig further if helpful.

Does the formatting window already show at startup or only shows the first time you click on the circle in the gutter?
Shows up when I click the circle in the gutter. Not automatically there on startup or opening.

How do you turn it from a palette to a window?
By dragging it

Do you use the keyboard shortcuts?
In this instance, no.

Is it depending on which action you click in the palette?
As you’ll see in the video I don’t even click on any actions in the palette

That’s super useful, albeit strange, but we’ll dig further into things and will make some changes in the next minor update, let us know if you still see it after it’s out.

Sounds good! Let me know if any additional info, logs, etc. I can provide.

1 Like

I’ve made a number of changes in the minor update we hope to get out in the next few days, let’s see if those help.

1 Like

Ignoring a regression in dark mode that we will fix tomorrow, if you’re using Agenda in light mode, does the inspector window still stay around in the 17.0.1 update?

If so, does it also happen when you have the left and right inspectors opened? And are you using any kind of third party windowing utility or certain accessibility settings?

Hey there

Unfortunately it looks like it continues to happen. I tried:

• Only left inspector open
  • Only right inspector open
  • Both inspectors open

I do use Magnet the window utility and disabled it but didn’t see any changes. I don’t have any specific accessibility settings turned on.

Let me know if anything else you want me to try!

Jake

Ah, can you do me a favor and see if it works if you disable Magnet and then restart your Mac first, does that help?

Hi, I have unfortunately also after the update to 17.0.1 the problem that the format palette can not be closed, see screencast Video file

By the way, I only have this problem on my Intel Mac.
Many greetings Sven

And you are not using a tool like Magnet or similar utility that organizes/arranges your windows?

Just tried this and same behavior unfortunately!

No, I do not use window managers. I have 3 Macs with the same programs and configurations. Except that one is an Intel Mac. Only on that one I have the problem.