Standalone version (non-Mac Store) and/or non-iCloud authentication

Do you have plan to create a standalone version (non-Mac App Store) version that use Agenda’s own authentication (non-iCloud)?

The reason is because I do not want to co-mingle my Agenda personal data with Agenda work data. My use case would be like this:

1). Home use

• Download from Mac App Store using my Home iCloud account
  • Install in home machine
  • Pay for the premium feature using Home iCloud account

2). Work use

• Download standalone version from Agenda website
  • Install in work machine and login using Agenda’s own authentication service
  • Pay for the premium feature

If the above is not on the roadmap, is there a way to at least share Note and have it sync between 2 iCloud account? Use case will be like this:

1). Home use

• Download from Mac App Store using my Home iCloud account
  • Install in home machine
  • Pay for the premium feature using Home iCloud account

2). Work use

• Create a separate iCloud account used solely for work machine
  • Download from Mac Appstore using Work iCloud account
  • Install in work machine
  • Pay for the premium feature
  • For some notes, share to Home iCloud account (say using personal email address)

With this, I can see and update work-related Notes in my Home machine and iOS devices but the Work machine will not be able to see my home-related Notes.

Not at this point in time, though perhaps in the longer term.

However, we do expect to offer Dropbox as a sync solution in the not too distant future, so perhaps you could use that, in combination with your iCloud, to achieve the same split.

Kind regards,
Drew

See also this topic:

Thanks, @drewmccormack and @mekentosj.

In regards to the sharing, is real-time syncing of notes with 2 different accounts in the roadmap? This is similar to Apple Notes:

1). I have 2 iCloud accounts (Home and Work)
2). I shared a Note from my Work iCloud account to Home iCloud via email
3). I opened the Note from my Home iCloud email and it is added to my Home Notes.
4). Changes made to this Note from my Home iCloud account is reflected in my Work iCloud account.

We use the term “collaboration” for that, rather than sync, the latter being for all notes and a single person.

We would like to do that, indeed, but it will be a while I think. We will likely have Dropbox sync coming soon. You could perhaps use that to get around the home/work iCloud setup.