Splitting Notes

Is there a way to split notes made in the Agenda text editor? I often like to write down several ideas in one note, and often find that I would like to section out say a checklist or other stuff into its own note.

4 Likes

Other than copy paste there isn’t at the moment, we’d like to make this easier indeed.

2 Likes

seing this as of 2020 when searching for splitting notes

is there any further development about this which I missed?

I so often have this whish of first jotting down a train of thoughts and then later want to split it into different tasks with each being a separate note.

Would be so good to handle this split with a shortcut instead of multiple clumsy copy/paste actions.

the colest way so split notes into multiples

would be to apply the already existing import algorithm to the very note you are working on. I.e you’d just need to insert the described triple dash at the desired break lines inbetween, hit some shortcut - and there you have created a set of new notes right in place.

I strongly long for such a feature to really shift all my work into Agenda

1 Like

is there any further development about this which I missed?

Not yet but definitely still on the list.

2 Likes

I started to write a feature suggestion for EXACTLY THIS (inspired by Scrivener) and, well, glad to hear it’s on the list.

I think it’ll work really well with templates. So I can set up a weekly todo template (like a bullet journal) fill it out, then split it into the individual days.

1 Like

Hi,

Is there any movements on splitting notes?

Loving your app btw.

Tony

The next update will make you happy :smiley:

2 Likes

Splitting, merging and duplicating notes is now available in Agenda 13, as documented here and shown in this video on our YouTube channel:

1 Like