Spanish - Español

You have my sword, and my bow, and my axe!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t go as far as asking for a separate spanish translation set for both Argentinians and Uruguayans, but I definitely would point out the need to distinguish between Spaniard spanish and Latinamerican spanish.

Nobody from Tijuana (:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:dare I say Chicago?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) all the way down to Patagonia calls their computer an “ordenador”; we’d rather say “computadora”. We don’t accentuate the “i” in video either.

This is more important (more margin for error) with splash screens and dialogues where the developer has the space to write full sentences, than is the case with buttons, of course.

Same goes with all those lovely extra vowels when comparing UK english with US english.

Not trying to be a smarty-pants here.
Just saying; I could be wrong and I’ve ZERO developer expertise.

Antonio

2 Likes

You’re right. There should be different localisation projects.

2 Likes

Count me in.

1 Like

Que sí! Hablo el español los miércoles!

1 Like

Update: The Spanish localization of Agenda is now officially underway :partying_face:, with @joseantoniolopezpaye, @alvaro87, @brauliop.3, @goliliana, and @Kathleen_T_Burns taking a first stab at the first round of translation. As outlined here , we’ll add a number of reviewers once they have concluded the first round and will give all of you access to the test builds as things progress. We’re looking forward to your feedback. To be continued…

2 Likes

Agreed–Spanish should be split into two variants, especially since technical vocabulary varies a LOT in Spanish. The same goes for English, for that matter. MacOS also uses two Spanish variants, and it’d be nice to match Apple’s standards if we have the people for it.

1 Like

Overview :arrow_right: Panorama

On the Agenda :arrow_right: En la agenda

Today :arrow_right: Hoy

Search All :arrow_right: Búsqueda global

Bin :arrow_right: Basurero

Inbox :arrow_right: Bandeja de entrada

1 Like

New Project in Category :arrow_right: Nuevo proyecto categorizado

Add a new project to category ___ :arrow_right: Añadir nuevo proyecto a categoría ___

Edit category :arrow_right: Editar categoría

Change the name or color of this category :arrow_right: Cambiar nombre o color de esta categoría

Add Subcategory… :arrow_right: Añadir subcategoría

Delete Category :arrow_right: Eliminar categoría

Uh-oh: design bug found here.
Create a subcategory in category____ :arrow_right: Crear subcategoría en la categoría ___

1 Like

Rename “___” :arrow_right: Renombrar “___”

Copy As… :arrow_right: Copiar como…

Share… :arrow_right: Compartir

Print :arrow_right: Imprimir

Add to Siri :arrow_right: Agregar a Siri

Archive Project :arrow_right: Archivar proyecto

Show Info… :arrow_right: Enseñar información

Contains ___ Notes :arrow_right: Contiene ___ notas

Move to bin :arrow_right: Tirar al basurero

I can see that Finder indeed has an es.lproj and es_419.lproj, the latter being for latin America. Once the main spanish translation is there we can duplicate and create the 419 variant.

1 Like

I believe we have found and fixed that one indeed, @drewmccormack can you confirm?

Creo que hay que mantener la palabra añadir de:

Add a new project to category ___ :arrow_right: Añadir nuevo proyecto a categoría ___
Add Subcategory… :arrow_right: Añadir subcategoría

para

Add to Siri :arrow_right: Agregar a Siri

o cambiar las otras a “agregar". Quizá depende de la zona. Soy de Chile y me parece más natural “agregar”.

Ademas, para proyecto y subcategoria usaría “crear subcategoría".

¿Que opinas?

Yes, that has been fixed.

That makes sense, and is similar to what I’m working on for English.

Recordad que, tal y como explicaron los desarrolladores, la primera versión que ha de crearse es la del Español (España) y, una vez esta esté finalizada, se crearán el resto de variantes.

Es preferente el uso de “Añadir” en vez de “Agregar” en casos como “Añadir a Siri”.

O usar “Mostrar información” en vez de “Enseñar información”.

Tampoco “Tirar al basurero” sería correcto. Más adecuado y estándar sería “Mover a la papelera”.

Saludos.

2 Likes

Tienes razón.

Bin :arrow_right: Papelera (Spain)
Bin :arrow_right: Basurero (L. America)
Bin :arrow_right: Bote de basura (also L. America)

1 Like

Lo veo todo perfecto. Quizá añadiría el artículo en este caso, no sé cómo lo véis.

Change the name or color of this category :arrow_right: Cambiar el nombre o el color de esta categoría

¿Hay algún compañero que esté utilizando Local Agenda para empezar con la traducción?

En estos días que me he puesto con ello, no he visto traducciones hechas por otros compañeros.

Aprovecho para recomendar y pedir que, si algún traductor (o los revisores de la segunda etapa), ven algún error (aunque sea tipográfico) o consideran que una traducción alternativa sería mejor, NO MODIFIQUEN LA TRADUCCIÓN QUE SE HA HECHO, sino que añadan un comentario en la propia app y pulsen el botón rojo (Disputed) para que se pueda debatir sobre la traducción.

También se pueden añadir los comentarios aquí y discutirlo aquí.

Más que nada para evitar que se toquen traducciones que requieren el uso de las mismas palabras a lo largo de la app por coherencia y que de repente hayan sido cambiadas.

Gracias.