Prospects for syncing with Dropbox?

Greetings! I’m new to Agenda, but I’m enjoying the test drive with the premium features. I do not use iCloud for anything, so I’m hoping you may be considering other syncing options, including Dropbox.

Being able to keep my Mac and iPad versions of Agenda synced would be important if I decide to add Agenda to my day-to-day workflow, but iCloud is not an option.

2 Likes

Hi Elliott,

Just wondering why iCloud is not an option for you. It is pretty stable and fast these days.

We may add Dropbox sync in time, but for now we have some bigger features that need addressing, like images.

Kind regards,
Drew

iCloud is blocked in a lot of companies, so basically you can’t use Agenda for work. Which bites! Would love to see ability to synch via Dropbox, Box, Google Drive… any file based synch works.

2 Likes

I think your answer indicates why this is not so trivial. If we add Dropbox, others will say they want Google Drive etc etc. We chose the system that we know every Mac/iOS device has. Will try to get to the others later, but that becomes a rats nest of options. (Had someone asking for webdav too.)

1 Like

Drew and G12R, thank you both for your responses.

In addition to iCloud being blocked by quite a few companies, I see reports about its vagaries - including significant data loss - too frequently to rely on it. I see there’s another Agenda Community post re sync issues. Drew’s response is helpful and presumably resolves the issue, but it does illustrate one of my concerns about iCloud: “iCloud can sometimes get jammed. If things are not syncing, try going into Settings or System Preferences, choose iCloud, and sign out, and then sign in again with the same account. This often clears up any issues.”

I’ll continue to test Agenda, and I’ll keep an eye out for word of alternative sync options. Thanks again!

Hey Agenda team,

New Agenda user here. I’ll have to agree with my fellow users here. I too cannot sync via iCloud on my work machine, that option was completely disabled by IT. So it’s been extremely tedious using Agenda because I have the added step of taking notes on my iPad or Phone and referring to them, instead of doing this my Mac, which is the most convenient option day-to-day in the office environment.

Adding dropbox sync support would be a huge win. I completely understand it is a major feature and would take a ton of work on your end, but alot of corporate office types would benefit.

Thanks for making an amazing app. Outside the sync issue, I’m loving it :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s best is to leave your support/voice/request in the canonical post on this topic:

Hey @mekentosj, not sure what you mean. Should I repost somewhere else?

If you’d like to add support for having us add Dropbox support you can indeed voice this in the community topic linked above.

A quick update: we’re pleased to let you know that Dropbox sync is now available in Agenda 5.4