Outlook Mac Help

What I did: Outlook Mac is my default calendar.

What happened: When i linked my calendar, it linked to iCal. How can I get to link to my default calendar - Outlook Mac?

What I expected: I would like to have the ability to select my default Calendar application.

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc): Agenda v1.2, macOS Sierra v10.12.6, MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

We are planning support for other calendar apps soon.

Thanks for the quick response. Can you elaborate on “soon”? I’m trying to decide whether to pay for the app but would like to test it out before I commit to the purchase.

Support for Fantastical and BusyCal was added in the current beta, for release in the next few days. I can’t make any promises for Outlook at this point, sorry.

If it is very important to you, perhaps you should wait until it makes it in. Hopefully it will not be too long. I will pass on the request.

I am using the Mac App Store version + paid for additional features and I seem to have calendar support already. I use both iCloud and Office 365 calendars so they are stored in their respective clouds. I have Fantastical as my primary calendar application but also have iCal as it is on my Mac by default. I also have Outlook for Mac used for emails but the calendar is there should I need it along with the web based Office 365 calendar. If I create an event from within Agenda I select which calendar I wish to add it to either iCloud (Home) or Office 365 (Business) and it appears across all my calendar applications as they are all in sync with the cloud(s) I suspect that it is initially added via iCal but then syncs to the rest.

My only slight issue is it does not seem to add the URL field to the calendar entries which would be useful as I make websites.

I am also interested in synching to my outlook.

Thanks.

Greg, can you share with me how your setting Outlook as the default to pull in Today’s events? Our company doesn’t use iCal. Outlook is my default calendar for events/meetings. I don’t use iCal, iCloud or any other calendar apps.

I am not setting Outlook as the default, and it is not pulling in Today’s events.

It is showing events that have been created using the “create event” premium feature when you select to add a date to an event.

The event is added to my online calendar either iCloud or Office 365 and then syncs to all of the calendar client applications that are logged into the particular account. In the case of Outlook it is signed into my business Office 365 account with no special settings.

I am guessing that if you dont have iCal (Calendar is the new name for it from Apple) and you are using Outlook in a company environment it is probably connected to a MS Exchange server so you will not be able to create events directly to Outlook from Agenda until it is supported.

Calendar is a default application in an install of OSX though so unless it has been removed by your company I.T. then you should have it and you can add a new account. If you are using Exchange for your company calendars then you can add an account of the type Exchange, assuming that this has not been blocked.

Yes, our support goes through Apple’s Calendar store, which is the database behind Calendar, Fantastical etc. Indeed, if you are using Exchange, unless the events somehow come into Calendar, I think it will be difficult for us to support, certainly in the short term.

2 Likes

Are there any updates on this? I have a file from Outlook calendar that I can’t upload to iCal. Pretty new to this program, so I’m trying to learn.

For the time being we will only offer exchange/outlook support through what the system supports (i.e. configured in the System Preferences/Settings.app), implementing our own custom direct talking to Exchange is quite an undertaking and doesn’t have the same priority for us as say Attachments or Apple Pencil support I’m afraid.

Any update on linking to Outlook?
I tried having Calendar synch with my Outlook exchange calendare and it create numerous problems with events changing and disappearing.

I’m afraid I can’t say much more than last time, sorry. It remains a large undertaking to add direct talking to exchange, it therefore doesn’t have the same priority that a number of other more requested features have I’m afraid.

For those experiencing Outlook connection issues, we were recently told that this might be related to MDM profiles installed by your workplace: