Now available: Agenda 13.0 with Open Quickly, Keyboard Navigation, Split & Merge, Performance Improvements, and YouTube Premiere 🚀

thank you, great. but still no highlightning … i was waiting so hard for this …

@pk1 there’s always a next thing… though in this case that might be taken quite literally :wink:

2 Likes

So after watching the video… when are we going to hear about “Yak”?

But really, this update is great and I’m excited for the YouTube series!

1 Like

Bonus feature: Emoji title search in quick open!

3 Likes

Who knows Elliott, not entirely sure that startup is on to something though :joy: :hamburger: :cow: :mountain:

But glad to hear you like both the update and the YouTube series!

1 Like

Thank you, and fantastic job as always!

I want to call this one out in particular:

It’s a line item in the release notes, and briefly passed over in the vid. But for me, it’s a BIG deal. It’s the thing that makes Agenda a much more trustworthy place to put stuff.

I use Agenda a lot for actionable notes. For me to really trust it, I need a way of clearly seeing unfinished business. I have simulated that with tags, but that is subject to me remembering to do so - a fatal flaw!

With this new feature, I can trust Agenda to show me open loops. It allows for a much more relaxed way to work with it. And it’s great for re-processing sets of notes as needed - just unmarked them as done!

Thank you guys again.

5 Likes

An excellent update. The only disappointment was that I somehow got it into my head that we would get notes in separate windows this release and it’s not the case.

Cheers! Not sure where the idea for separate windows came from, up next is auto-completion so I’m afraid it won’t be the next one either. But getting closer.

Bummer. Wishful thinking I guess. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I instantly fell in love with the new Open Quickly floating window as it contains all the important categories (today, on the agenda, projects). Now on iPad I can constantly hide the navigation column on the left, giving more space to my notes. Bringing up the Open Quickly via Option+Space and navigating via cursor keys feels so much nicer than raising one hand from the keyboard doing multiple taps on the screen.

1 Like

Glad to hear you like it, this was what we were hoping for!

I like the new Open Quickly shortcut a lot, but I wish we could search for tags using this method

An overhaul of the search features is also “on the agenda” for a future major update.

1 Like

Do you mean Tags auto-completion? Will you have a tags management pane too? :slight_smile: eagerly awaiting.

1 Like

Yes, and yes :smiley:

1 Like

I love the functionality to be able to type dates in the date picker. One thing that would be super cool in the future is if I could also search for events that way. E.g., let’s say I have a meeting with Paul but don’t know when. I’d type “Paul” and it would navigate me to the next day when I have “Paul” in the title of a meeting or something like this.

1 Like

It’s indeed something we have thought about but is technically a bit more challenging to implement, noted though!

1 Like

Isn’t challenges where all the fun is? :wink:

1 Like

Most certainly! Sometimes… also where the most frustrating is :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I spent now 15 minutes searching this site, release notes etc to understand how to merge notes. Split and merge are referred to in the release. I guess I am too stupid to see it.

1 Like