No easy way to see ALL notes (in chronological order, preferably)

ontheagenda
search

I spent 10 minutes trying to find a note that I entered a couple of days ago. I couldn’t find it.

First I tried “On the Agenda” thinking it would surely be there. But apparently not.

I tried “Last Week” and “This Week” but this didn’t work either.

I looked in the appropriate project, and scrolled through everything. Not there.

I tried a few keywords… and got a hit on “SBR” — and realized the note was in the wrong project.

I think there should be an “All Notes” that is organized in most-recent-first chronological order, across all projects, so that I can quickly scroll back in time and find that note from yesterday or the day before, that I know is there, but can’t easily find.

Try this:

Click on the Search icon at the top right
Click on the calendar icon to the left. A Calendar appears and on the right side you’ll see option,
Choose “Last Year” and that will give you all notes entered in the past year.
You can put a wider date range, too, by clocking on a date and drag across the dates you want to search.

Be sure you check “Search All” at the left to search all notes (or choose a project)

If I were to save this “Last Year” search, will it update to include tomorrow when I open up Agenda tomorrow? Or is the search just a static set of dates including [today, today-365]?

It would be great if these searches update, so I can have an easy to access “All Notes” or even “This Week” in the overview bar.

If I were to save this “Last Year” search, will it update to include tomorrow when I open up Agenda tomorrow? Or is the search just a static set of dates including [today, today-365]?

You have a choice to make it relative to today when saving a smart overview

My problem with this is that it still groups all of the notes by project, so I am not actually looking through a timeline. I’m looking through a LOT of projects, organized by timeline. That makes it hard (nearly impossible, lots of projects) to scroll back looking for everything I did over the past few days…

What I really want is essentially a view like my email box. It’s not grouped by project, just by chronology. This would be tremendously useful — and probably would be my default view, if it existed…

I can see that. I just don’t use it that way.

Each note for me, is chronological in a project. The next note is at the top. To look at “what I did over the past few days”. I just simply scroll from the top. If there are notes that I don’t want to bother with, I just close them up. Of course, those critical for my attention go “On the Agenda”. Notes are NOT to dos. They may contain things that need to be done, but those are in bullet lists and get put in the task management system which has those tools you speak of…searching, sorting, making done, etc. I don’t want to cross the streams (as Ghostbusters are apt to say). Let Agenda be my project management space and journal which is something that’s very hard to do in task-mangers other that comments.

I agree. I’d occasionally like to use Agenda as a standard notebook–strictly chronological–in addition to having the benefit of grouping by projects. A mandatory “group”-based display makes this impossible. It’s literally the only thing holding me back from adopting Agenda as my primary note-taking tool for meetings.

See The features we are working on right now…, we would like to bring more overview and sorting options in the future.