Menu bar item

It would be nice to have a menu bar icon for fast note adding.

8 Likes

Noted. Thanks for the feedback!

Drew

Just want to add a +1 to this. I would like this feature as well.

2 Likes

I second this - often I want to make notes when doing a Skype or WebEx call with someone. When doing this, I don’t really want the full Agenda interface open - just a single note that I can put next to the Skype Window to keep everything as clear and uncluttered as possible. The Mac app MiniNote Pro does a good job of this (but has a terribly old interface). There doesn’t seem to be many other apps that do this well so this could definitely be a distinguishing feature :slight_smile:

1 Like

Adding my +1 here. This would be very valuable.

1 Like

Big +1. It is currently a feature in Dayone that is invaluable.

1 Like

Since this thread is very old, can support team will confirm if menu bar icon is now avaialble or not?

1 Like

Quick capture on the desktop via menu bar, extension, a service, or something else is top of my list. Agenda is great, but if I get a call or a pop-up meeting on Teams, then I need to start note taking as quickly as possible.

Not yet, but we are currently making the internal changes needed to support this. Stay tuned!

2 Likes

Please - a menu bar icon with a quick add and a short list of pending items would be awesome.

I believe this is something being considered, now that we have the sharing infrastructure in there.

What do you mean by “pending items” though? It’s not really a to-do app, so not sure that is an option. But you could probably keep a note in there that has an important task list for quick access.

1 Like