Menu bar item

It would be nice to have a menu bar icon for fast note adding.

10 Likes

Noted. Thanks for the feedback!

Drew

1 Like

Just want to add a +1 to this. I would like this feature as well.

3 Likes

I second this - often I want to make notes when doing a Skype or WebEx call with someone. When doing this, I don’t really want the full Agenda interface open - just a single note that I can put next to the Skype Window to keep everything as clear and uncluttered as possible. The Mac app MiniNote Pro does a good job of this (but has a terribly old interface). There doesn’t seem to be many other apps that do this well so this could definitely be a distinguishing feature :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Adding my +1 here. This would be very valuable.

2 Likes

Big +1. It is currently a feature in Dayone that is invaluable.

2 Likes

Since this thread is very old, can support team will confirm if menu bar icon is now avaialble or not?

2 Likes

Quick capture on the desktop via menu bar, extension, a service, or something else is top of my list. Agenda is great, but if I get a call or a pop-up meeting on Teams, then I need to start note taking as quickly as possible.

1 Like

Not yet, but we are currently making the internal changes needed to support this. Stay tuned!

4 Likes

Please - a menu bar icon with a quick add and a short list of pending items would be awesome.

1 Like

I believe this is something being considered, now that we have the sharing infrastructure in there.

What do you mean by “pending items” though? It’s not really a to-do app, so not sure that is an option. But you could probably keep a note in there that has an important task list for quick access.

2 Likes

Especially with online school now, it would be amazing to be able to take quick notes right from the menu bar instead of opening the app and having it cover the screen. Big +1!

Agree. It’s the biggest reason why I use that app.

Certainly in our roadmap. Hopefully get to it sooner rather than later.

Kind regards,
Drew

2 Likes

would love to see this feature as well!

like the Evernote or day one menu bar on a Mac - I keep using those and then having to move it over to agenda

Thanks for the feedback! Definitely something we plan to do. Just finding the time…

Adding my +1. @drewmccormack Any update on when we might see this?

We don’t have an ETA yet, but it’s part of the overarching release plan

Any update on the Menu icon? When will it get released?

1 Like