Memory Leak?

What I did:

I imported all my Evernote and Notes.app notes and started to do some clean up in Agenda.

What happened:

Agenda is now very slow. I have around 20 projects and 600 notes, some are very long and my include attached pictures/files.

During my clean up macOS warned me that all my system’s memory was used.
image%20(1)

What I expected:

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):

Agenda version : 6.0 (84)
Model : MacBook Pro 2016 (13"), 16 Go RAM, 2,9 GHz i5

If you quit and launch again, does the memory usage go down? The original problem may have been the import.

But yes, if you have a lot of data, it may be better to split it up, or even use different apps for different types of note taking.

Hi,

Yes, I quitted the app and tried to continue my cleanup after, I got the same screen and had to force quit Agenda one more time.

Agenda cannot handle 600 notes? That seems like a low limitation.

What do the developers recommend as the maximum amount of data stored in Agenda? I wouldn’t know how to “split it up” since it seems Agenda’s database is “all or nothing” at present.

Is there a report that I could send you to investigate ? Should I use Valgrind ?
Agenda’s storage folder is not that huge, it only weights 320 Mo.

I really love Agenda, but this sounds like a show stoper at this time …

I made a sampling with Activity Monitor :wink:

But I can’t upload it ass I’m a new user. Did this sample could have some interest for you ?

Could you email it to alex@agenda.com?

Done :slight_smile:

Hi,
I have the same observation. The memory consumption is slowly increasing even if I do not work with Agenda and I am just browsing on the Internet. It roughly 0,01Gb increases every 10-15 minutes. It affects the smoothness of the UI elements as well. The elements are slow, and scrolling is lagging as well with higher RAM consumption. I would love to have that resolved rather sooner than later. It could affect my decision of purchasing the app again.

If there is something you would need from me, please do not hesitate and contact me.
Thank you

1 Like

Could you also send a sample to drew@agenda.com the next time this happens?

I agree, there is indeed a consumption of memory (up to 1,5 GB (sic!) of RAM for like 50 notes after soe days) if the app is open, but not used.

We have investigated and found a memory leak. Only small, but over several days could build up. The fix will be in the next release.

Great! Thanks!

1 Like

That is great! Thank you. When we can expect the update?

No ETA yet, but likely within the next 2-3 weeks.