Macos calls out Agenda for “significant energy consumption"

What I did:
Using Agenda as usual.

What happened:
Since a while, maybe since a recent update, Agenda ist listed rather often in the list of apps with significant energy comsumption by macos. To avoid any misunderstanding: Agenda is a great app which is very useful. But it does not “do” much. By this I mean that I do not see any reason why it should consume so much energy. In the end, it is “just” beautiful note taking.

What I expected:
I expected that the app would not require much computational ressources.

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):

Diagnostics (as per Agenda output):
Agenda version: 5.0 (MAS)
OS X version: Version 10.14.3 (Build 18D109)
AppKit version: 1671.2
Device type: MacBookPro11,3

Do you have any suggestions/ideas?

All the best,
Totti

We are working on performance improvements at the moment which should help this.

One issue we are aware of is when there are many shared calendars on the network. We have improvements coming there too. Stay tuned!

Thanks for the quick reply. The shared calenders may indeed be the reason for the issue as we are having around 50 of them in our organization.

I understand that disabling some of them would require the “Pro” version, so I will have to wait for the incoming bugfixes with my unpaid version of Agenda :slight_smile:

We hope to start testing the changes we’re making to the calendars within the next few weeks, it would be great if you could help us beta test those changes and report whether they indeed fix the performance issues. Many thanks!

Sure, I can help. When clicking on your link, I just get a "Sorry, you don’t have access to that topic!” Can you advice?

Apologies, could you try it again now?

Now I can follow your link. But the option described in the linked text (how to enable beta testing in the Preferences) is not available in my version of Agenda.

I think you have to download the version from the agenda website –, not the app store – if you want the beta version of the app.

source: https://agenda.community/t/missing-check-for-updates-option/2222

1 Like

Thanks, that was the solution.

I will keep you updated on my experience with the beta regarding the power comsumption.

1 Like