Losing Sketch Data

Oh, it is odd you are still getting the new sketches even without using the double tap. If you do find another cause, please let us know.

I tried switching tools by using the tool palette “manually”, but I have not been able to reproduce the issue.

If I notice any patterns I will share here later. For now I am content with this being related to double-tap on the pen.

The same issue was just reported by another user and that user submitted a screenshot and is exactly as seen on my iPad as well.

I am also content that this issue I brought up in this thread is unrelated to what was posted by the o.p. For me they seemd to have happened at the same time, but being unrelated. I have not experienced the original issue of this thread the last 2 (possibly 3) days.

KR, Knut

Hi. I have verified that even with the double tap feature on the Apple Pencil 2 disabled, just by double tapping it (despite function being disabled I.e. does not toggle btw the drawing tools) causes empty sketches to be created.

Manually toggling the drawing tools does not cause any empty sketches.

Seems to be related solely on the double tap feature.

I am able to reproduce this. Great catch! This explains why I “experienced inconsistencies” during my testing.

Looking forward to the next release.

Thank you!

Update: We’ve just release version 10.0.5 which should fix the issue.

1 Like

Yes, updated and fixed as advertised!

Thank you!

2 Likes

Great to hear it!