iPad Pro pencil

As @mekentosj says, inline writing doesn’t fit that well with Agenda. But I have some good news: we are in the process of allowing scrolling, so you can make longer notes. Perhaps that will help.

Kind regards,
Drew

1 Like

Is it possible to re-edit the handwritten note after closing the editor (because you want to make a correction or remembered something to add)? It looks like Agenda saves the note as PNG, but does it discard the underlying canvas, or is it possible to recover it?

Is it possible to re-edit the handwritten note after closing the editor?

Long tap on the image to show the menu, and tap on Edit.

Kind regards,
Drew

Oh wow - very nice.

Are there plans to make going (back) into to edit-mode more straight-forward? (eg. always open the editing-mode with a pencil touch?)

Not very likely, we want to prevent making it too easy to accidentally open and edit an attachment as the central philosophy behind Agenda is to preserve your notes and attachments as much as possible. The idea is to keep them as much as possible immutable, for instance start by starting a new note if you want to capture additional thoughts or copy over the left over checklist items from last week’s meeting, rather than editing a drawing or deleting checked off checklist items. The idea of the app is that later you’ll be able to go back to your notes and find the information on what was done at the time, rather than having deleted notes from the past and only keeping the latest state.

Thank you @mekentosj and @drewmccormack for your support here. I was genuinely curious about what the update to support Apple Pencil is in Agenda 8.0 - if the above is that functionality, that’s cool.

1 Like

I use Handwriting Keyboard (a Handwriting Input Method) by CatalystTwo Limited. It works very well!

I don’t know that keyboard (from CatalystTwo Limited). Could you tell me the link?

I know these apps for handwriting in iPad/iPhone:

1. Mazec - it seems the best one, but without any update since August 2018
  2. Selvy PenScript
  3. WritePad I Handwriting to Text

With the scrolling feature Agenda is almost perfect.
I can now use it as expected. During a meeting I just leave the canvas open and save at the end of the meeting.
I add tasks if needed by typing.
Only option I am missing is to show lines on the canvas. Would make handwriting easier.
Thank you.

3 Likes

Have heard that a few times. Will consider it. thanks!

2 Likes

Hi, I had a few times the following issue:
I start to write with my apple pencil. Accidentally I touched somewhere just outside the writing area. It’s the same effect as when I would have touched the cancel button. All my writings are gone, because I didn’t save yet. The note is a blank page.

So, for now I have to write a sentence, push save and then move on. It’s not quit perfect. Do hou recognize the issue i described.

1 Like

Yes, we need to consider the best way to deal with this issue.

When you say you tap outside the area, and it cancels, I don’t think that should happen. Can you tell me where you tap?

I tried to reproduce the issue, but it didn’t. I think now, being a lefthanded writer, that I accidentally touched the cancel button, without noticing that.

What if you would place the buttons for cancelling and saving on the center bottom, next to or in the menu for choosing the colors, etc.?

Ah! I remembered again: while I’m writing with my pencil, I want to check something in another app. I swipe up from below to bring up the dock and open another app. When I return to my written notes, the’re gone. I have to start over again. Some autosavr function would help…

I see, yes. Indeed we are considering how best to deal with people leaving the window open for long periods.

1 Like

Have you seen how they resolved the use of Pencil in the Noted app?

Simple and elegant. Something like that it would be enough for Agenda app. PLEASE, think about it an try it. It would be a great modification.

1 Like

Can you be more specific? What do you like about their approach? Is it just the same approach as Apple Notes, ie, drawing inline in the note?

I guess that he is trying to suggest Agenda team apply Tool palette feature at the bottom :grin:

We have that palette though, so I am not fully following. I guess he means that the image is inline in the text.