iPad Pro pencil

Sorry to keep pounding on this - but do you have an update on when this will be ready?

The update is ready to go but pending the release of iPadOS on the 30th of September.

2 Likes

Will there be a Beta ahead of release?

We certainly hope so. We would have had a beta already, if it were not for an App Store issue blocking our uploads. (Apple are working on it.)

1 Like

Guys, you @drewmccormack and @mekentosj are troopers! Thank you - and I’m really excited to test this out. This will make me a one app man - I’ll be using Agenda for everything and you have no idea how much of a life-changing event that will be! Thanks again - looking forward to the end of September - or in typical Green Day fashion - “Wake me up when September ends …”

Cheers guys!

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragement!

Just one more reason for me to be excited for the iPadOS release. Thanks guys.

1 Like

Handwriting will be great for me and my apple pencil. When can I use it to make handwritten notes? Until now I don’t see the option.

1 Like

Do you mean converting the handwriting to text? We are unlikely to add that in the near future. It is very difficult/expensive. We are hopeful Apple may add an option next year, but can’t be sure.

For now, you could use a third party keyboard like Marzec.

No. I meant the just released option to make a drawing with my Apple pencil. Thanks for that one!!

2 Likes

Can anybody please explain how handwriting works in Agenda. No idea how to start.

3 Likes

You can add drawings to your notes by tapping the plus button, followed by the scribble icon:

If you are specifically referring to having handwritten notes being converted to typed text, this isn’t possible yet, perhaps in the future. See the remark from Drew above:

What if I don’t have a scribble icon?

I don’t know what the problem was, but deleting Agenda and re-adding it gave me my scribble tool

1 Like

Found it! Thank you.

1 Like

Odd, but glad you found a solution! Sounds like the update hadn’t come through properly.

Is tomorrow the day?!?! September 30th?! :smiley:

Also, I know the Squiggly feature that @mekentosj pointed out is pretty handy - but the reason I don’t use it as much is because a) size is limited b) always having to click on “Edit” to go and edit the image - especially if its notes for a course.

What is Apple Pencil support update going to do that is different from this? Will the functionality be more like Apple Notes or Microsoft OneNote?

What exactly are you missing? Just the ability to make longer notes by scrolling?

@drewmccormack - I think the biggest thing for me is the ability to write inline - instead of adding a snippet. I like to scribble a lot inline and OneNote and Notes come really close to that. Does that make sense?

2 Likes

Makes sense but not very likely something we’ll allow, that’s just a different kind of app I’m afraid. The focus of Agenda will remain on typed text. Perhaps down the line the drawing canvas could gain support for handwriting recognition, depending also on what Apple will add to iOS, but it will very likely stay in the context of an input field that than allow choosing to keep things as an attached image or convert things to typed text.