Import email into Agenda

Agreed.

Agreed as well. Onwards then to Spark! :stuck_out_tongue:

Understand and completely sympathize! The company I work at currently only allows Outlook and even then wont allow access on any iOS devices (Ive managed a couple workarounds though as they are Exchange accounts).

Very cool. Your solution bested mine which was rather than print, I selected PDF, Saved, then copied to Agenda.

For those working mainly with iOS:

Drag&Drop works just fine for me even on iPhone:

• starting from the Mail App inbox view (the list), hold your finger (or whatever) on the mail you want to import
  • hold down, move or even shake your finger until you ā€žholdā€œ not the large preview but a somewhat shadowy, smaler representation of the mail.
  • now - a little tricky at first: hold down! Then use other (!) fingers to navigate the iPhone, switching to Agenda App - still ā€žholdingā€œ the mail.
  • within Agenda, navigate to the task you want to drop the mail into, then drop it there.

Result: Subject of the mail as text, with a deeplink back to the original mail, even of you move it later to a different folder of your Mailbox.

Ok, it is neither smart nor intuitive - and you will need several fingers at the same time - but it works for me.

2 Likes

@mekentosj. I hope this feature moves forward as well. ā€œDaylite" for Mac has a very robust Apple Mail plugin, Iā€™m sure that it is a very intense programming project though.

I found that feature to. Yes, very clunky to achieve. Need to be a finger contortionist.

Any idea where to find this script. I looked at MacSparky.com but could not find it.
Thank you for any direction.

Look here for the solution

1 Like

Thank you!

I use split screen on the iPad to drag emails (Apple Mail) to Agenda for iOS. Get the email subject header in the note field on Agenda and links back to the email directly on both iOS and synced Macs. On the Mac it will also launch in the default email program, in my case Mailmate.

On the other hand, if I drag on the Mac, from Mailmate to Agenda, I get an ā€˜attached fileā€™ indicator in Agenda on the Mac. This doesnā€™t happen with Mail on the Mac, that behaves just like iOS. The ā€˜attached fileā€™ I can tap and Preview in Agenda (on the Mac only, not on iOS) I can choose to ā€˜Open Inā€™ and then select Mailmate and it launches in Mailmate. However if I just choose Open it launches in Mail on the Mac.

So Iā€™d like it if Agenda took on the default mail app setting on the Mac, Iā€™ve got both Mailmate and Mail set for Mailmate to be the default. Not sure if this lies with Mailmate, the developer there hasnā€™t included it within their set of bundles which might be the better way to go.

Hey Tommy, do you like dragging emails or do you like me, wish the Agenda team would program a less cumbersome way of getting email into Agenda? Thanks.

1 Like

You can use spark as email client and you can import all the message in Agenda and the link to the email in the Spark server.

@maurizio.bortolotti Thank you Maurizio. If I start in Spark how do I get an email link into an Agenda note and place it where I would like it? Thank you for your time.

There are two ways in Spark. I think the best one is when you have an email open in Spark, on iOS you can select Open in, then select Agenda and you can put all the email text in an existing note or a new one under A specific project. Regarding the link, each email in Spark can create automatically a link to the Spark server where you can find your email. So, you can copy and paste it anywhere, even inside an Agenda note on both iOS and Mac OS.

Iā€™ve used drag and drop on phone as well as well as iPad. I like that it drops the title of the email linked to the message.

1 Like

Nice! Thank you for taking the time to create this lesson. Very helpful.

1 Like

With the email client Spark you can import each email directly inside other apps, including Agenda. If you follow this way, instead of that I explained up here (see my answer to @Storyteller) you can save title and text of the email in Agenda, but not in a specified project and note; as it happens if you follow the other way. The Spark emails are exported all the time in a specific project/note that you can rename Spark email. At the bottom of the email exported in Agenda you can find a link to your email inside Spark client on iOS and macOS (not to the Spark server).

My pleasure!

Thank you Maurizio. I prefer sending email links only to Agenda, that way my Agenda notes donā€™t become cluttered. I believe you stated that Spark can insert links. Also, did you ever try Airmail? Iā€™m not sure if that can send email links to Agenda.

Again, thank you for your time in helping me decide which email client I should migrate to.

No problem. Yes, you can create a link to the Spark Servers for each email you receive on this email client, as I have shown in the picture attached at my previous message. I have Airmail either, which is a beautiful email client, even though I donā€™t remember if you can create a link to the messages. However, I think Spark works better than Airmail for me.