iCloud sync between mac and iOS

What I did:
I use iCloud for synchronising between the latest Mac beta version 2.3(40) paddle and th elatest IOS version.

What happened:
On IOS, some of my sticky notes with mainly checklists don’t show the complete content but end after the first 3-4 lines. The notes are open and extended. Also in editing mode, the rest is missing. Other notes I add on either sides will sync without issues.
Modifying one on Mac, will correct the corresponding on IOS. Doing the same to a second one won’t work reliably.

What I expected:
It’s clear what I would expect… :wink:

So you were able to fix some by making a small edit on the Mac? But there is one that doesn’t work?

Does it help to make a small edit on the iOS side?

It may be worth restarting the iPhone to see if that jolts iCloud. If not, you could try turning off the sync in the Preferences on the Mac, and in the app settings on iPhone, and when asked, remove the cloud data. Then turn on sync again one device at a time.

Drew

Thanks - well, after updating a bit here and there, it actually synchronised nicely. I know that iCloud is doing its’ own thing and not everything is easily controllable by the application.
Issue seems to be solved…

Glad to hear that!

I’m having a similar issue here. Just started using this on iPhone XS first. Then later on my Mac. Initial sync did happen but updates from my phone doesn’t seem to carry through anymore.
I went in the iCloud settings on my Mac to turn OFF the sync and then ON again but no effect seen to the data.
Anyone else having similar issues syncing?

I noted the same issue. Sync between devices frequently do not occur. I force the sync by hard-killing the app in iOS.

We are making a few changes in the next version which may help when things get stuck. If you do see a note note syncing after a few minutes, it is probably better to make a small edit to it (enter a space), than to kill the app. Killing the app can corrupt your data.

Drew

Thanks. I tried making small edits to trigger sync. But that does not seems to help.

I’m glad you’re making changes to address this.

Thanks much for the tip. =)

Best Regards,
Anthony Rebeiro

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Add Me to TestFlight; I was removed

I’m using the latest macOS and iOS Agenda betas.

• Assigning dates to notes in iOS immediately syncs with Mac
  • Assigning dates to notes in Mac does not syncs with iOS

This is the very same behavior for any other changes including titles, formatting, and body.

I’ve verified this on iPhone, iPad, and macOS Mojave.

We made some fixes in today’s beta (build 61 for mac, 47 for iOS), can you have a test whether those indeed fix these issues?

1 Like

Yes, today’s beta for iOS and macOS has fixed these issues. I did multiple tests with title, body, dates, and formatting.

I’ll keep an eye for anything else.

Thank you.

1 Like

I’m using the macOS version 4.0 and latest iOS versions and my data isn’t syncing at all.

I’ve tried between multiple macOS devices too with no success.

Just to be clear, this isn’t a premium feature is it?

Is there anything I can do except wait for the new versions?

This isn’t a premium feature no. Make sure you are signed in to iCloud with the same account on each device, and that iCloud Drive is turned on. (iCloud Drive is very important, and many people forget this.)

If that doesn’t help, here are some other things to check: Syncing between desktop and iOS

Lastly, some companies block iCloud, so you might need to check if that is the reason sync is not working for you.

I have also sometimes strange sync problems. Sync seems to work, but selected notes will not be synced between all clients.

One example:
I created a note on my iPhone. -> not is not synced to Mac / iPad
However, notes created on the Mac will also be shown on the iPhone

Any explication for that behavior ? For it is important, because I want to trust Agenda.

I’m using the actual version from the App stores (no beta)

Are you testing the beta versions at the moment? There are certainly some sync stability improvements in there.

Sync can take a few minutes at times. Sometimes a small edit will trigger an extra sync.

I’m using the App Store version (not the beta).

Only a new installation of the App on my iphone solved the problem.

But the problem still occurs. The sync will be currently only in the direction from iPad/Mac to the iphone.
Changes on the iphone will not be synced back.

We have a new version coming in the next few days. Please see if that helps.