iCloud sync between mac and iOS

sync
ios

What I did:
I use iCloud for synchronising between the latest Mac beta version 2.3(40) paddle and th elatest IOS version.

What happened:
On IOS, some of my sticky notes with mainly checklists don’t show the complete content but end after the first 3-4 lines. The notes are open and extended. Also in editing mode, the rest is missing. Other notes I add on either sides will sync without issues.
Modifying one on Mac, will correct the corresponding on IOS. Doing the same to a second one won’t work reliably.

What I expected:
It’s clear what I would expect… :wink:

So you were able to fix some by making a small edit on the Mac? But there is one that doesn’t work?

Does it help to make a small edit on the iOS side?

It may be worth restarting the iPhone to see if that jolts iCloud. If not, you could try turning off the sync in the Preferences on the Mac, and in the app settings on iPhone, and when asked, remove the cloud data. Then turn on sync again one device at a time.

Drew

Thanks - well, after updating a bit here and there, it actually synchronised nicely. I know that iCloud is doing its’ own thing and not everything is easily controllable by the application.
Issue seems to be solved…

Glad to hear that!

I’m having a similar issue here. Just started using this on iPhone XS first. Then later on my Mac. Initial sync did happen but updates from my phone doesn’t seem to carry through anymore.
I went in the iCloud settings on my Mac to turn OFF the sync and then ON again but no effect seen to the data.
Anyone else having similar issues syncing?

I noted the same issue. Sync between devices frequently do not occur. I force the sync by hard-killing the app in iOS.

We are making a few changes in the next version which may help when things get stuck. If you do see a note note syncing after a few minutes, it is probably better to make a small edit to it (enter a space), than to kill the app. Killing the app can corrupt your data.

Drew

Thanks. I tried making small edits to trigger sync. But that does not seems to help.

I’m glad you’re making changes to address this.

Thanks much for the tip. =)

Best Regards,
Anthony Rebeiro

Are you testing the latest beta version, or are you on the main public release versions?

I was on beta until the attachment release went live. Now I use the release version. Let me know if you think the current beta fixes this issue. I’ll be glad to test it thoroughly.

Yes, we did make a few changes to sync in the betas. If it is not too much trouble, could you move to those?

Kind regards,
Drew

Sure, I’ll be glad to. Please could you send a testflight invite to me?

I believe you have been assigned to testflight already, are you sure it doesn’t show up in the Testflight app already?

In TestFlight, I cannot see it anymore after the app released. I get the following message in TestFlight - “This invitation has owed or is invalid. Request a new invitation from the developer”.

Please let me know about this @mekentosj @drewmccormack