How to password protect Agenda?

I would like to have an option for full on disk encryption.

Thx

1 Like

I would like to have an option for full on disk encryption.

I’m afraid this is not something that is trivial to add, and instead we prefer to rely on the fact that with FileVault on macOS and by default on iOS you’re entire hard disk is already encrypted. Why do you feel this would not be enough?

1 Like

I’m ok with it, thx. But our medical system is going nuts with data security. On the cloud there must be full encryption, the transferred data must be encrypted… so I suppose this is only possible when U have app internal data encryption “on disk”. Isn’t it?

No, end-to-end encryption when syncing via the cloud is different to the on-disk encryption. Basically, it encrypts all data before sending it to the cloud, but the data on disk is unencrypted. You can always use Apple’s own File Vault to encrypt the data on the disk.

We don’t yet have end-to-end encryption for the cloud, but have it in our roadmap.

End-to-end will b probably even better, then. I’ll wait and see. Thx for the efforts. Great support, really.

1 Like

„Does your reply improve the conversation in some way?“
No idea! But is it helpfull to say that I would pay extra money to enhance agenda-team’s work for a password proteced version? I bet I’m not the only one :wink:

I know it doesn’t sound kind but could you please hurry up for this killer feature? I’m already looking for an alternative to agenda what fulfils my needs :sob:

Sorry, I’m frustrated! :disappointed::zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

We’ll do our best, thanks for your passionate plea! :smiley:

1 Like

Just throwing my 2 cents in here:

PW protection is definitely needed. I wanted to add a personal journal to agenda, but its my work computer and i allow my staff to use my laptop as an extra rendering machine when at work, but not infront of my desk.

For execution I think i have a solution.

Right under overview (but above on the agenda), add a lock mechanism similiar to the macOS implementation inside settings.

When it’s locked, all protected folders / notes are hidden / hidden from search.

When it’s unlocked, everything is visible + searchable.

As for PW recovery + responsibility… 1 regular password + 1 master password.

If someone forgets the regular password, let them use a master password. Master password comes with a hint of 3 keywords.

Tell the user to print / store the master password in a safe place.

This is how LastPass handles password sec, and it just works.

4 Likes

Used Agenda for a short while then bought the full paid version and loving it, well done!
I would like to see individual note encryption option and total app password with face and/or finger print recognition. Thanks

4 Likes

A little question… will be possible lock with password note (Or project)with any attachments ? Or just text?

1 Like

This hasn’t been determined yet, we obviously would like to have it include all content, also attachments. But we haven’t settled yet on the scope and technical feasibility at this point.

I just gave up bear because of this problem I was hoping for in Agenda but the times seem long for such a fundamental feature … ETA for this feature?

No ETA at the moment I’m afraid, there a number of higher priority items on the list I’m afraid.

Will it be possible by the end of the year?

We simply can’t tell at this point, my guess would be that it’s unlikely.

I know you guys are working on it already, but I wanted to add my votes for note- and project-level locking (I don’t need app-level licking.) being security conscious, I already use a password manager and I take responsibility for my passwords.

A very large, clear caveat about “forget your password = data is gone” plus maybe double confirmations, to anyone opting to enable password locking is able all you can do to warn people of the risk. If they then lose their password, it’s on them.

1 Like

I have an alternative in the form of a workflow for native Agenda Note encryption. It’s a work-around that might be useful for some people to use until the developers’ team has time to implement a proper protection scheme and has found the best way to do it. I’ve published it on Visuals Producer, here: https://visualsproducer.com/2019/09/17/protecting-your-agenda-notes-a-workaround/

1 Like

Signed up just to add my voice here. I love Agenda, but it’s not usable in my case until some form of end-to-end encryption is involved for sync.

Not sure if it’s helpful, but here’s an open-source e2e back-end database that might be a jumping-off point: https://userbase.dev

1 Like

We don’t own/operate any back end ourselves, it’s all in iCloud and Dropbox. Having said that, we do want to add end-to-end encryption, not a trivial task however :frowning: We’ll do our best!

1 Like

I too would like password ability to lock projects.

1 Like